• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Accusize Rocks

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
A few years ago, I bought a set of 3 BXA regular 5/8 tool holders from Accusize. I opened them one at a time as I needed them. I opened the third just recently and the adjustment post was crooked. I said to myself, it's been over a year, I'm gunna have to eat that. Next time I should check everything when received.

A week ago I order two more Tall BXA holders (for 3/4" tools) Tools), and one had a hole that was misplaced.

I sent accusize an email, told them about both. They replied immediately that they would review their process and get back to me. Today I received these - all perfect, all no charge, no return required.

20220823_194509.jpg

To say the least, I am thrilled!

Overall a great experience!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm leaning towards Accusize for my AXA purchase due to comments like this, others have had positive comments as well.

I guess I should have added that the actual purchase was through Amazon. I could have used their return process. But they would never have done anything about my original purchase so I contacted Accusize directly in the hopes that they would actually care.

Again, I'm tickled pink about it. It's probably the reason I'm so giddy on other threads right now......

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
I guess I should have added that the actual purchase was through Amazon. I could have used their return process. But they would never have done anything about my original purchase so I contacted Accusize directly in the hopes that they would actually care.

Again, I'm tickled pink about it. It's probably the reason I'm so giddy on other threads right now......

Now you know why I always mention Accusize as a reliable source although I've never had need to return anything from their website. Just saying!

Everett

Super User
That's good to know that they were that good for you as far as customer service is concerned. Everything I've gotten from them was plenty good for my level of work so never needed support, but it's good to hear they actually offer support!

Especially with the far fewer options of hobbyist-budget tool dealers North of the border, this is very good news.

I had the same experience and I've posted it before. Let them know your issues and they do take action with their suppliers. Second is that they use Amazon as an advertising stream, again approaching them to support our site is relatively low cost but good very directed Canadian exposure.

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Its not Accusize but Amazon. Amazon has very good customer support. Similar to eBay - its just Amazon is *automatic* vs. sometimes very long and convoluted process for eBay.

Aliexpress given that its from China is not possible to send back (most of the time). So either full or partial refund. Getting replacement is possible but drawn out process. On the plus side it is cheaper then Amazon.

Also note that all returns to Amazon more or less are total loss for a merchant. So if you had defective BXA tool holders from any merchant and you returned the cost is total loss (more or less). So say a 1 tool holder is 25 with free shipping. You return it as defective, Amazon pays shipping. This means merchant is out at least 25 CAD, possibly more like 32 (!!!). They loose the item, value of shipping back and forth. Also Amazon dings their rating making selling of all items more costly.

Given above, almost any sane merchant for smaller items will try to send replacements. Or even let you keep it + full refund.

So just go with cheapest merchant - remember, you have to be 100% happy or money back. Also note that the merchant is between rock and hard place. So they either loose $$$ or make you happy. If you are not super hard to make happy, sanity would imply they will make you happy.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Its not Accusize but Amazon. Amazon has very good customer support. Similar to eBay - its just Amazon is *automatic* vs. sometimes very long and convoluted process for eBay.

Aliexpress given that its from China is not possible to send back (most of the time). So either full or partial refund. Getting replacement is possible but drawn out process. On the plus side it is cheaper then Amazon.

Also note that all returns to Amazon more or less are total loss for a merchant. So if you had defective BXA tool holders from any merchant and you returned the cost is total loss (more or less). So say a 1 tool holder is 25 with free shipping. You return it as defective, Amazon pays shipping. This means merchant is out at least 25 CAD, possibly more like 32 (!!!). They loose the item, value of shipping back and forth. Also Amazon dings their rating making selling of all items more costly.

Given above, almost any sane merchant for smaller items will try to send replacements. Or even let you keep it + full refund.

So just go with cheapest merchant - remember, you have to be 100% happy or money back. Also note that the merchant is between rock and hard place. So they either loose $$$ or make you happy. If you are not super hard to make happy, sanity would imply they will make you happy.

I don't agree 100% but close enough.

Basically what you say is why I like to buy on Amazon but deal with any problems direct. I know they would rather make me happy than get ripped off by Amazon.

What made this especially great was the ultra fast response and the fact that sent me replacements for EVERYTHING not just the two bad ones.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I don't agree 100% but close enough.

Basically what you say is why I like to buy on Amazon but deal with any problems direct. I know they would rather make me happy than get ripped off by Amazon.

What made this especially great was the ultra fast response and the fact that sent me replacements for EVERYTHING not just the two bad ones.

Markup on tools is sometimes insane. Like that $300 collet set - sold for $75, probably at cost.

I frequently question how some cheap tooling can be made for next to nothing.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Markup on tools is sometimes insane. Like that $300 collet set - sold for $75, probably at cost.

I frequently question how some cheap tooling can be made for next to nothing.

Perhaps I have started to become caloused. But I frequently feel that Canadians aspire to be middle men. Buy cheap, sell high, do little to add value. Buy stocks low, sell high, do nothing to add value. Buy homes cheap, sell high, do nothing to add value. It happens in forestry, mining, retail, government, service, every place. No where near enough people seem willing to work and be paid to add value. It's depressing. Nuff said.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
Also note that all returns to Amazon more or less are total loss for a merchant. So if you had defective BXA tool holders from any merchant and you returned the cost is total loss (more or less).
I'm not convinced this is true for Accusize. Last time I looked, they had an eBay store where they were re-selling what seemed to be Amazon returned items with an eBay 'no returns accepted' condition. I read a bunch of unfavourable reviews on amazon..... ("It didn't work so I returned it" -type comments) and then found the same items in their eBay store.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I'm not convinced this is true for Accusize. Last time I looked, they had an eBay store where they were re-selling what seemed to be Amazon returned items with an eBay 'no returns accepted' condition. I read a bunch of unfavourable reviews on amazon..... ("It didn't work so I returned it" -type comments) and then found the same items in their eBay store.

They may try to do that. BTW, the eBay 'no returns accepted' condition is a fake. If merchant puts it just ignore. Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. eBay (as a seller I know this 100%) will not allow for such policy to stick.

Amazon gives option to sellers to either liquidate or return - they may be choosing to return an item and then off load on eBay knowing people may pay 50% for the item that is machining related vs. going through auction and getting like 5% of the value back (imagine BXA tool holders among masses of clothing, cookware etc... how much will they sell for?)

Once again, if you buy on eBay and seller has "no returns accepted" ask for a return due to defective item. If they refuse contact eBay and they will charge seller back and refund you or force seller to pay return shipping. I.e. if you are returning defective item seller has two options:
- refund and let you keep it
- pay for return shipping and get it back
- offer partial refund

The "no returns" is only if say you no longer needed it, you found better deal etc. it is not for defective items.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Perhaps I have started to become caloused. But I frequently feel that Canadians aspire to be middle men. Buy cheap, sell high, do little to add value. Buy stocks low, sell high, do nothing to add value. Buy homes cheap, sell high, do nothing to add value. It happens in forestry, mining, retail, government, service, every place. No where near enough people seem willing to work and be paid to add value. It's depressing. Nuff said.

When I flip machines I try to add value.... BUT I found out even from this group that many pp do not want to pay for any added value - not even tiny amount that would work to like minimum wage for me to do! They do not want machines cleaned even or painted.

I feel people just want the cheapest possible thing many times and then complain why that cheap thing is not working well.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Speaking of Accusize (or other vendors of Chinese tooling, choose your poison). Maybe its been out for a while & I've been dozing off, but I noticed an ER collet based spin indexer. So for those of you who don't have 5C collets but do have ER32, there ya go. .

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
They may try to do that. BTW, the eBay 'no returns accepted' condition is a fake.
From my perspective, that's not the point. What sort of enterprise has an organized scheme to re-sell returned (defective?) items? Perhaops it's more common than I think?

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
BUT I found out even from this group that many pp do not want to pay for any added value - not even tiny amount that would work to like minimum wage for me to do! They do not want machines cleaned even or painted.
Perhaps the buyers enjoy refurbishing machines themselves, and you are robbing them of that pleasure ? Accounts- in online forums and YouTube videos- of doing just that seem to be incredibly popular. Humans are very peculiar and interesting! :)