• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Accusize 5C tool cutter grinder

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
- Accusize used to be a guy in an industrial unit in Richmond Hill selling the same made in China tools everyone else did. One day, in a stroke of genius, he slapped a brand on them and doubled the price. There may be some new advanced QC function he's started to provide , but I doubt it. Knowing the background (just a reseller, not a manufacture or designer) I'd be challenged to pay a premium.

Exactly. I fail to see why pp would pay more for some reseller - I guess power of slapping a brand on import stuff does matter!

What do you mean by the right wheels?
Most wheels that people use are face or edge cutting. There are bevel edged wheels that allow you to make those fine cuts required to create the center cutting. Not well documented.

When you look at larger grinders you do see this.

Just a little thought needs to be given for the feed and cut when you do this.

A few thoughts, worth at least what you paid for them:

- you get several sharpenings out of the end before need worry about grinding the gash deeper.
- unless you are plunging, you're not cutting on the end. Indeed the end is relieved a degree or two toward the centre so it doesn't rub. Unless you are plunging, the wear maybe all toward the end, but its still on side of the endmill.
- I stopped bothering grinding the end. Its a PITA (even without worrying about the gash) and 95% or more of what I do is not plunging so when an end mill is worn, its the helical side that needs grinding not the end. grind the sides a go back to work :)
- yes you can sharpen the sides various ways, but it's a royal PITA without an air bearing...and is soooo easy with one.....one of the reasons the usefulness of these is a lot less imo than you might think if haven't ground end mills before.
- imo, something like a Chevalier FCG-610 would give about 20x the bang for the buck. They do come up for similar dollars. A few weeks ago one appeared in Quebec for example. I would diligently watch for something like that and pounce when you see it.
- Accusize used to be a guy in an industrial unit in Richmond Hill selling the same made in China tools everyone else did. One day, in a stroke of genius, he slapped a brand on them and doubled the price. There may be some new advanced QC function he's started to provide , but I doubt it. Knowing the background (just a reseller, not a manufacture or designer) I'd be challenged to pay a premium.
Still the same guy and location I think, ASC123 is another one but their stuff from China can look brutal depending on which stuff you buy.

I just found a video that confirms the approach I was planning for cutting the centers on 4 flute cutters. I'll post it when I have a chance.

As to the cutter you need a wedge shape wheel that has a sharp edge, video will show you what that means. Think diamond shape lathe cutter profile. This are expensive and hard to find. I gave a source in Mississauga and its not KBC.