• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

a minor miracle just occurred in Canada

Engmaxx

(Michael)
It would be crazy if it ends up Oilers and Leafs in the final. Just got into watching the sport regular season (Leafs mainly) in the last five years as my daughter became interested so we watch together whenever we can. It seems to be the best year for them to get to the cup as long as they stay hungry. Panthers are hungry.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
It would be crazy if it ends up Oilers and Leafs in the final. Just got into watching the sport regular season (Leafs mainly) in the last five years as my daughter became interested so we watch together whenever we can. It seems to be the best year for them to get to the cup as long as they stay hungry. Panthers are hungry.
One thing that may be in the leafs favour... they got the monkey off their backs and no longer have to worry about collapsing in the first round. They're frikken heroes already. If they can now play easy without the extra pressure they could excel

Engmaxx

(Michael)
Straight up man! And too, Samsonov has turned a new page with his steady and stellar consistency and performance after the disaster of a first game. IMHO, keep Holl out of defensive like they did in the winning game and we are stacked.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
One thing that may be in the leafs favour... they got the monkey off their backs and no longer have to worry about collapsing in the first round. They're frikken heroes already. If they can now play easy without the extra pressure they could excel
they play like they did in the first period against the panthers and it will be florida is 4

return to form

Engmaxx

(Michael)
Well...first game feeler??! Let's hope they learned something and go Bruce Lee on the Cats. Love the new kid Knies though...brilliant goal but always great energy.

Engmaxx

(Michael)
Fan but definitely no expert. I saw this as a close game. Bobrovsky was very tight in net so that is our biggest challenge as bringing the puck to the net was no problem. Shots were close. Our defense was a little too over packed playing ultra-safe which worked against us. Not the best but certainly not the worst game for Samsonov. We should be able to come back and keep this a tight series which will likely be 7 games. IMHO

Engmaxx

(Michael)
It is tough to watch. They are playing well but this is their best which barely holds an even game...no room to slip up or relax. They aren't driven like the Panthers. Best team will win.

I thought they played like a different team. More aggressive on the offence with one or two positioning themselves directly in front of the Panthers net to create opportunities when on the attack. Before they would just waste time passing the puck around the perimeter of the Panthers zone. Also more aggressive defensively to protect their rookie goalie. If only they played like that all the time!

Engmaxx

(Michael)
I was paying more attention to the Cats who were playing much less aggressive and a slower game. They made it easier for the Buds. With all the betting, seat sales, etc, the system won't let it end at 4 games. I have little hope and basically feel jaded about it all now. The Cats are the better team and should sweep the Leafs so if the Leafs win the series I would be more than shocked.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I was paying more attention to the Cats who were playing much less aggressive and a slower game. They made it easier for the Buds. With all the betting, seat sales, etc, the system won't let it end at 4 games. I have little hope and basically feel jaded about it all now. The Cats are the better team and should sweep the Leafs so if the Leafs win the series I would be more than shocked.
Yeah the Panthers coasted...