• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

a minor miracle just occurred in Canada

Last time the leafs won the cup was in 1967 when the NHL was still just a 6 team league. The NHL has changed a lot since then.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I'll give you guys some optimism...... I grew up a Habs fan. All my buddies are split habs/leafs. We've been chirping each other our whole lives, but I've seen my team win 2 cups....:D

I honeslty don't really give a crap about professional stick and ball sports anymore. Only thing I really watch and follow is MotoGP (just finished watching the Jerez GP right now). Still enjoy playing all sports (hockey, baseball, golf) , but don't watch or follow anything anymore beyond picking up the gist of it from the radio and other chatter. I just don't have the time and interest anymore.

To see the perpetual optimism from leaf fans though is something...........

I'll give you guys some optimism...... I grew up a Habs fan. All my buddies are split habs/leafs. We've been chirping each other our whole lives, but I've seen my team win 2 cups....:D

I honeslty don't really give a crap about professional stick and ball sports anymore. Only thing I really watch and follow is MotoGP (just finished watching the Jerez GP right now). Still enjoy playing all sports (hockey, baseball, golf) , but don't watch or follow anything anymore beyond picking up the gist of it from the radio and other chatter. I just don't have the time and interest anymore.

In my case I don't think optimism has a lot to do with it. Its just a matter of being behind the local team and loving the sport. I grew up playing hockey on the local pond with the local kids. Loved every second of it.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member

I dont watch pro sports except when my wife wants to watch the raptors, or this spring the leafs in the playoffs.

I stopped watching the leafs when they bought into pyramid power hokum. I stopped watching the jays when the team management announced that they'd won a few series and had decided to coast on their laurels for a few years rather than trying to retain expensive free agents

I never understood people who tie their own, and their community's sense of self worth to the success of sports teams. psst looking right at you Russia...