• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

A lurker's intro

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I've been lurking here for a while so making a belated intro. I'm a long retired computer geek living in Cobourg, ON (about 100km east of Toronto on Lake Ontario). Hobbies include cooking/eating, electronics, local politics and of course most anything machine shop related. Workshop toys include Tormach 770-3 CNC mill, Myford S7, KO Lee T&C grinder, 7x12 horizontal bandsaw and...
welcome from the 100 km west of you.

cooking is a hobby of mine, because eating is a requirement for my hardware.

I hope you use the KO Lee T&C grinder often. I have been looking for one without success so far. I look forward to seeing more of your posts

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Currently TSME meets via Zoom twice a month. Pre-COVID they met at the Don Mills library but it is closed for renovations. Zoom has really enabled things. I mostly stopped attending when I moved to here from Toronto but I now participate in most meetings and we even have members in New Brunswick and BC. I don't make models but there are some talented members in TSME and I have lots to learn from them.
Oh I should have checked into their post pandemic activities... I can do the online thing. I went many years ago a few times and always intended to return when I got a better shop and did more modeling

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from Southern Alberta. It sounds like you have a nice mix of hobbies (except for the politics part;)) and will fit in well around here. Nice to have you.