• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

A lurker's intro

kstrauss

I've been lurking here for a while so making a belated intro. I'm a long retired computer geek living in Cobourg, ON (about 100km east of Toronto on Lake Ontario). Hobbies include cooking/eating, electronics, local politics and of course most anything machine shop related. Workshop toys include Tormach 770-3 CNC mill, Myford S7, KO Lee T&C grinder, 7x12 horizontal bandsaw and...

Proxule

Ultra Member
Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay and thanks for your future contributions.
Nice machinery for "computer geek"

kstrauss

Millbrook, Dan? If you (or anyone else) will be in my area text, me at 905-396-9854 and we can get together for chat/coffee. I've been a TSME member for perhaps 20 years if you know any of that crowd.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Millbrook, Dan? If you (or anyone else) will be in my area text, me at 905-396-9854 and we can get together for chat/coffee. I've been a TSME member for perhaps 20 years if you know any of that crowd.
I'm in Kendal. I found out about TSME just before the pandemic, and have thought about joining, but afraid I don't do any model machining. Yet. Are they back to normal and having in person meetings again? It would be nice to meet up with some local guys once in a while.

Last edited:

kstrauss

I'm in Kendal. I found out about TSME just before the pandemic, and have thought about joining, but afraid I don't do any model machining. Yet. Are they back to normal and having in person meetings again? It would be nice to meet up with some local guys once in a while.
Currently TSME meets via Zoom twice a month. Pre-COVID they met at the Don Mills library but it is closed for renovations. Zoom has really enabled things. I mostly stopped attending when I moved to here from Toronto but I now participate in most meetings and we even have members in New Brunswick and BC. I don't make models but there are some talented members in TSME and I have lots to learn from them.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Perhaps I'll give it another look, and try to join in.

I think there's a member here from Port Hope, and another from Newcastle, as well as a few from Peterborough, so there are a few guys around us.

gerritv

Gerrit
Perhaps I'll give it another look, and try to join in.

I think there's a member here from Port Hope, and another from Newcastle, as well as a few from Peterborough, so there are a few guys around us.
TSME has always been about hobbies, my dad e.g. built wooden ship models from scratch, and presented them at TSME meetings. The only thing they ask is that you share what you are doing or having challenges with or had some epipheny about. Presently there is 3D printed sail boat happening amongst steam engines and more. I've been a member off and on since mid-1960's. It's never boring.
Like Ken I am thankful for Zoom, the drive from west end toronto was no fun on Fri eve, from St C. it is not happening at all.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Farm country South of Chatham Ontario. I too was a lurker before I joined. Never regretted joining. Love your machinery list. Wish I had a tool grinder but I do have a KO Lee Surface grinder that I enjoy very much.