• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

a little excitement in my day

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Yesterday evening I heard a knock on the door, and opened it to a guy wanting to 'beat the shit' out of me.

Last week I yelled at his kids for letting their dog loose and it tore up some of my garden.

He brought his kids to my door (!!!) and then proceeded to pick a fight with me. The kids were visibly terrified. He wouldn't let me close my screen door, so I had to step back and close the inside door. It took me 5 seconds to lock it, I was so rattled.

Called the police, and after 45 minutes they came and talked to me and then him. He lives 4 doors up the street from me. I'm still rattled about this and am pretty sure it isn't over for him. I'm very concerned.

I had three hockey puck marks, and several street hockey ball marks, on my car, courtesy of the little pieces of excrement that outright stated in earshot, that they did not want to have to chase missed shots all the way up our street. So they used my house at the end of the Cul-De-Sac, as their chosen backstop.

I caught one of the little excrement's on my lawn, chasing his ball, and had some very impolite words... Their excuse, was "That car is old anyway". Would have been more effective, had I not heard one of the little excrement's state how much trouble they would be in, if they hit the sports car in his driveway (a Pontiac Solstice)

I DO regret to this day, that I was not at home when the Pater Familias of one of the excrement's involved, started screaming and threatening my wife, over my swearing at his offspring (which I had done, to be sure!). But, I learned so much from them little excrement's! Like, which girls were putting out. who went all the way, who only sucked. and so on. You can learn an awful lot that you might not want to, listening through the garage door, to the kids in the street out front.

You need do only two things. Tell the person to leave, first. Maybe they will. Then call 911 and tell them you have an angry person threatening you, who has refused to leave your property when so directed. That is a civil Assault Charge.

"Get Off MY Property!" Followed by a 911 call. There WILL be paperwork, as well as hard feelings. Adapt.

Aside from the guy that came and screamed threats at my wife, I had the Mother of the guy in the house with the sports car, come and ask what the problem was. After I showed her the marks on my car and siding, from the street hockey lot, she had not a thing more to say. But she squared those lot away.

Do you have cameras on your property? We have both a door bell camera and light camera on our house. They record motion. Video Changes the narrative when it comes to these issues.

This guy that came to your door was completely in the wrong. Hope this gets resolved properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scary stuff John. Seems like only a short time ago a parent would be walking down there with the kid by the ear making him apologize for his behavior. Hopefully the police will make him see the error of his ways and this doesn't escalate any farther.

20240707_171135.jpg
40% of my welcoming committee....... Very few problems with repeat visitors here either....
Hopefully you guys can resolve this in a mutually respectful manner that allows peace in the neighborhood. Perhaps in a couple days, see if you can wander over with a two beers or something as a peace offering and see if things can be worked out peacefully. Maybe just as he's almost finished mowing the front grass, where you are publicly visible should the peacekeeping mission go awry. Good luck with this, as I know how hard it is to enjoy your own home when you're running a serious fued with a lousy neighbor who's "connected" you might say.

@140mower sorry but not happening. They guy was drunk, and he brought along a person I assume was a younger brother. the brother was staggering drunk.

The police engaged in bothsideism, and so he was warned to say off my peroperty, and I am to stay off of his. (I've never been on that property in 31 years, so I'm a safe bet.

I can't get the look of fear out of my head, on the 9 and 6 year old's faces.

My guess is, the kids may have exaggerated/lied when telling dad about your confrontation. The "look of fear" comes from the knowledge that they may be outed and dads anger being turned on them.

It's difficult dealing with scum like this. Sounds he had alcohol induced courage mixed with a health dose of stupidity and a complete lack of parenting skills.

It doesn't sound like the police did their job. He needs a "friendly" visit from a younger and really big and tougher looking buddy. Sometimes a few words from the right guy can keep the fear in mind.

This guy helped me out once or twice. He is 6'4" and twice as tough as he looks, exceptional boxer and MMA experience.
97402AE0-66A9-40BA-AD04-E3FECD069A14.jpeg

Last edited:
My guess is, the kids may have exaggerated/lied when telling dad about your confrontation. The "look of fear" comes from the knowledge that they may be outed and dads anger being turned on them.
Dabbler, I am willing to bet that those kids have experienced what you are going through, but in their own home. This was not a one off, that's what scares them.

If I have to deal with it, it will be with a lethal weapon. Never pick a fight with an old man, if he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. And the court system is pathetic, minimum security for a harmless old guy is an acceptable lifestyle, rather than the alternative that was presented.

Dabbler, I am willing to bet that those kids have experienced what you are going through, but in their own home. This was not a one off, that's what scares them.

If I have to deal with it, it will be with a lethal weapon. Never pick a fight with an old man, if he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. And the court system is pathetic, minimum security for a harmless old guy is an acceptable lifestyle, rather than the alternative that was presented.
.... funny how as we age, a life sentence seems to be less and less of a deterrent. And when you see what the criminals are getting away with in the courts a fellow should be able to take care of 3-4 of those situations before he has to worry about serving community hours......:rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain you could show him something that would rattle him more....

Obviously the dummy had time to scream face to face at John and that didn't scare him off. Devil made me post this.

Seeing that you informed the police could you not apply for a restraining order .....

You can apply for a Restraining Order against any person who has made you afraid for your safety through actions such as:
  • personal injury, property damage, or intimidation.
  • failure to provide food, shelter, or medical attention.
  • threats that cause reasonable fear of injury or property damage.
Security lights are a strong deterrent, security cameras record the moment.

Mixing it up with a nut case solves nothing.

Last edited:
I should add that he was 5'10", and was built like a 200 lb weightlifter.
In that case ...............................count me out .
il_1140xN.6073760426_j91y.jpg

Back