5 min shop wall hook

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Cleaning up the welding bench after last weekends (still unfinished) mothers day project...... I tossed out 2 shorts chunks of flat bar, and one bent 1/4" bar. I still had the tig torch and pedal out, so I dug them back out of the garbage, and 5 min later after drilling a couple holes, grinding off the galvanizing, sanding the ends, and bending the wire, I had a quick and dirty wall hook. I don't know where I'm going to put it, or what I'm going to hang on it, but I always have a hard time tossing stuff if an idea for what I can use it for pops into my head. It's both a blessing and a curse......Blessing when I do it right away, curse when I don't and end up hanging onto it for years........
hook 1.jpg
hook 2.jpg

Sometimes the little puttering projects are the most enjoyable. I'm in between a couple big ones, so it's been non stop 5-15 minute puttering projects all weekend. While I put off getting back on the sawmill. I've got about 5-6 hours of lathe work turning the carriage wheels that I really don't want to do, so I'm doing everything else I can think of while I procrastinate lol.

Last edited:

slow-poke

Ultra Member
I don't think it's possible to have too many wall hooks, always something needs to be hung to declutter.