• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

5 min shop wall hook

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Cleaning up the welding bench after last weekends (still unfinished) mothers day project...... I tossed out 2 shorts chunks of flat bar, and one bent 1/4" bar. I still had the tig torch and pedal out, so I dug them back out of the garbage, and 5 min later after drilling a couple holes, grinding off the galvanizing, sanding the ends, and bending the wire, I had a quick and dirty wall hook. I don't know where I'm going to put it, or what I'm going to hang on it, but I always have a hard time tossing stuff if an idea for what I can use it for pops into my head. It's both a blessing and a curse......Blessing when I do it right away, curse when I don't and end up hanging onto it for years........
hook 1.jpg
hook 2.jpg

Sometimes the little puttering projects are the most enjoyable. I'm in between a couple big ones, so it's been non stop 5-15 minute puttering projects all weekend. While I put off getting back on the sawmill. I've got about 5-6 hours of lathe work turning the carriage wheels that I really don't want to do, so I'm doing everything else I can think of while I procrastinate lol.

Last edited:

Bandit

I am seeing pictures of the hanger. Small projects are what sometimes lead to getting the bigger ones done. Happiness.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
I don't think it's possible to have too many wall hooks, always something needs to be hung to declutter.