• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

22Feb22 Auction, Kitchener ON

deleted_user

Super User
I'm surprised it stayed at $1700, I was expecting auction fever to hit in the last few minutes but it never happened. Someone got a reasonably priced Myford.
I was sure a last minute bidder would appear. Otherwise I'd have bought this at that price and refurbed and resold it

deleted_user

Super User
If anyone wanted a small item at this auction that they could not get due to shipping or pick up issues, I can grab items for people since I have to go there now.

deleted_user

Super User
I dont know what these are, but I want them... but so does someone else

img.axd

img.axd

deleted_user

Super User
I had initially wanted to bid on about 20 items at this auction.... I decided against 7 of them prior to today, I bid on 11 and won 5.

Of the ones I bid on and lost, I really didn't need the items at all, and one I had no clue what the hell it was but it looked cool and expensive.

The kiln and the casting system went for too much IMO, the super 7 was a steal and I regret not pursuing it.

If one of you members got it congrats...

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Mcgyver can have his bas measure stand... maybe :p

I debated it. I've got one, but with indicators, overall mine is not as nice as that Mit. Mine sits on a high shelf mostly due to lack of room. I didn't know what the Mit sold for until I saw your post (I $#$% hate these auctioneers that don't show the price after the close, its not like its confidential....was public 2 seconds ago...and THANKS for reporting the prices!) Purely annoying and overall hurts everyone imo...we should boycott lol)

Anything under 1000 is a smoking hot deal imo. What made it so nice is the stage - those micrometer barrels are graduated in tenths. I do have a mit toolmakers microscope with the same features, but, when I look at how much time it sits gathering dust I couldn't justify over 500 no matter how smoking hot the deal. One has to have the space and the need., I can't claim either.

If my wife read this she would be very pleased at my progress :D

You should have gone for that vacuum caster, deal of the auction imo, Even if you didn't want to used, it should resell for 1200. It'd pay for the drive anyway. Jewelly stuff seems to sell for a much higher percentage of its retail than machining stuff. (photography is the worst, used prices seem such a high percentage of retail it seems daft not just go retail)

Last edited:

deleted_user

Super User
I debated it. I've got one, but with indictors, overall its not as nice. It sits on a high shelf mostly due to lack of room. I don't know what it sold for (I $#$% hate these auctioneers that don't show the price after the close, its not like its confidential....was public 2 seconds ago...and THANKS for reporting the prices!) Purely annoying and overall hurts everyone imo...we should boycott lol)

Anything under 1000 is a smoking hot deal imo. What made it so nice is the stage - those micrometer barrels are graduated in tenths. I do have a mit toolmakers microscope with the same features, but, when I look at how much time it sits gathering dust I couldn't justify over 500 no matter how smoking hot the deal. One has to have the space and the need., I can't claim either.

If my wife read this she would be very pleased at my progress :D

You should have gone for that vacuum caster, deal of the auction imo, Even if you didn't want to used, it should resell for 1200. It'd pay for the drive anyway. Jewelly stuff seems to sell for a much higher percentage of its retail than machining. (photography is worst, used prices seem such a high percentage of retail it seems daft not just go retail)
I'll tell you why I didn't go for the vacuum caster.

firstly vevor has the same one in the USA for $650.

secondly, my wife does not like to buy used... it would be for her, so it would have to be screaming deal before I bought her a used casting system.

thirdly, I have 4 high capacity deep vacuum pumps. I have a vacuum chamber to degass resins and stabilize wood. It is larger than the vacuum bell on the casting system. I can make an entire casting system for less that the $550 that sold for.

and finally, cash was tight because we had several other things on the go. By not buying the paragon and the casting system we were able to pick up a primo surface grinder today.

deleted_user

Super User
I didn't know what the Mit sold for until I saw your post (I $#$% hate these auctioneers that don't show the price after the close, its not like its confidential....was public 2 seconds ago...and THANKS for reporting the prices!) Purely annoying and overall hurts everyone imo...we should boycott lol)

I hate, no loath when auction houses refuse to show the price realized. They think that helps them but it doesn't.

I try to watch as many auctions as possible live just so I can see the sell price on the type of items I am normally interested in. I keep notes of prices and conditions for future reference.

I wish everyone would do this and post closing prices on significant pieces of equipment to aid their fellow enthusiasts