• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

2 x 72 belt sander

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Looks good. Did you build it from scratch or a partial kit or...?

When you have some time, I'd like to see some pics of the table once mounted & any adjust-ability features you'd care to show off.

Brian H

Super User
I built this from scratch. This was my third attempt to get things how I wanted them. I have a few ideas about further expansion, so, thats why I chose to make the table removable and I can make other fixtures to go on it.
My plan is to make a small wheel attachment next. The parts just came off the milling machine, just have to get them all put together belt grinder 2.jpg belt grinder 3.jpg

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Very cool. I've collected a bunch of screen grabs & filed them in the 'one day' folder. Most of the kits or plans involve welding which I am not set up for yet. I have seen some semi-fabbed & no-weld bolt-togethers too. And then there are commercial ones which vary between expensive & crazy expensive... but a guy is sanding tomorrow, not a year from now at my pace, so choose your poison. I'm not a blade-maker guy so many of the more specialized fixtures would be of less value, but I can see using the variable angles & platen orientations & variable speed. Mostly I am impressed with how those things can consume metal & I use my smaller woodworking equivalent of that a lot.

Anyways, looks good. Look forward so seeing it in action.