1951 Monarch 10EE at Auction

trlvn

Ultra Member
It's like I told my wife...I've "invested" in these machines and tools to make sure that she is well-provided for should something unfortunate happen! ;)

Craig

Crankit

Prices were out of this world - I got my attachment but I paid arm and a leg for it ... but some people paid over 500 with fees for ... like 10 horizontal cutters (!!!)

Similar to mine mill went with fees for 10k. That is about double what I paid just 4 years ago.

Tom

I'm curious what kind of mill you have? An auction here in Salmon Arm last year had a VS 9x49 mill go for just shy of $9G with fees :(

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have a newish (2012 manufacture) 40 taper mill that is with larger table and 5hp main motor with 10x50 table Cantek 3VM.

The other mill is Cantek 3vh from 2007 - it is a bit older, has slower spindle but has one more power feed (soon I hope to add 1) and air drow bar (I also plan adding)

Crankit

I have a newish (2012 manufacture) 40 taper mill that is with larger table and 5hp main motor with 10x50 table Cantek 3VM.

The other mill is Cantek 3vh from 2007 - it is a bit older, has slower spindle but has one more power feed (soon I hope to add 1) and air drow bar (I also plan adding)

That will hog some metal! If you want I have a 40 taper drill chuck (JT33) I can send you...I got it with a Yukiwa chuck that I wanted so the taper is sitting here. DM if you wish

Cheers

Wayne

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I wish now I got one from Edmonton. I was counting on 2x the price not 3x. Was going to bid up to 6000 but in the morning it went over that :(

Yeah now the 3k one in Edmonton looks like a steal of a deal!

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Tom Kitta - when it stayed at $3000 for so long I though perhaps you were going to throw in a last minute bid? The 3k one will take a bit of work to get up to the pretty looking well maintained one.

TOBARApprentice

Super User
@Tom Kitta - when it stayed at $3000 for so long I though perhaps you were going to throw in a last minute bid? The 3k one will take a bit of work to get up to the pretty looking well maintained one.

I considered the last minute bid up to $3500 but with the electrical being in question and a few other reservations I decided otherwise. Would have been about $5K paid and shipped to me, too much for a Monarch “anchor”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah I should have bid 3500 on that one - I was going to use the first one to get a feel for the 2nd one and that strategy backfired on me.

John Conroy

Premium Member
That's OK Tom, I bid on 8 items at the Edmonton auction and the only thing I achieved was to raise the price for someone else. Everything I bid on went for more than I was willing to pay.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
$11K,,wow, I thought it might go for a bit north of $4K but I didn't expect it would go all the way to the pole. I'd love to know what the purchaser is going to be building.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I also did not expect that it will fly that high - I was dreaming of 6k - i.e. with fees > 7k. I did not think this one was worth more then double the one in Edmonton.

My dad thought it will go for 7k+ without fees. I don't think even the owner predicted 11k. Then again similar machines in the US fetch between 10k and 13k CAD so maybe 11k was average price.

Got 5 lots. Will sort out what I want and sell the rest.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Tom the cheapest working 10EE I've seen on the US boards was 15K USD. In this condition they get closer to 20K USD.
It would have gone for higher if the unit was using the 70s electronics instead of tubes.

Th only 10K$ US machines Ive seen in the last 3 years were in rough shape (rusted or broken) or not turning. Drive system repairs on a 10EE are very big $$$.