Yunnan CY-L1640G Simcoe Govdeals

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
There are three up for grabs, all appear have DRO
5391_537_1.jpg

Marknb

Anyone know anything about yunnan lathes? I can’t find much info on them. Following the auction, mostly out of curiosity.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
A search suggests they are Chinese (vs Taiwan) and some comments on PM are negative toward the quality.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
A search suggests they are Chinese (vs Taiwan) and some comments on PM are negative toward the quality.
IF I recall correctly the CY is Chien Yeh which were made in Taiwan at one time back in the 1970s and early to mid 1980s. For some inexplicable reason they moved production to mainland china and began cranking out larger lathes of lower quality than they had been. The first early mainland models in particular.

Those ones are of an age where they should be newer than the worst of what they offered.

Marknb

One went for $3200 all in. Do you think they got a deal?

Attachments

• 4D00DDF0-C738-42FA-9870-CE383050FB8A.png
    4D00DDF0-C738-42FA-9870-CE383050FB8A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
I gave up bidding on that $1700 one. My thought was if the fwd/rev handle broke and they didn't bother to repair it, maybe something else was wrong with it enough to warrant them not fixing it.
If I had a chance to make a few cuts with it maybe I would've gone higher.

I'm on the fence about if I should've bid more. Moving a machine like that I'd have to borrow/rent a trailer with enough capacity and I don't have a gantry to lift it.
I was thinking a roll off deck or tilt tow truck and I could skate/winch it on. Anyways, no need to consider it further

The other blue and white one with the 3 jaw chuck was around $3400 before fees when I stopped watching. I think that price was high for not having a viewing.