WTB Pratt Burnerd KC15 D3 Multisize Collet Chuck

Phaneron

Scott
I am looking to buy a good to excellent condition Pratt Burnerd KC15 Multisize Collet Chuck with a D1-3 backing and original key.

I had purchased one from the UK, but had the order cancelled due to the seller not being able to find the chuck in inventory even though it was listed on his Ebay store. I am in a bit of a pickle now since I separately purchased a full set of Multisize collets before the chuck order was cancelled. Hopefully someone here can help me out, and I understand the price of these chucks can be high so don't be shy to pm me with your asking price.

Picture from original Ebay.com.uk ad that fell through
KC15 Chuck.png

Chipper5783

Were you able to track down a KC-15 with the integral D1-3 mount? This flat back with D1-4 mounting plate has cleaned up well. For the key, I sleeved the pin, pushed out the handle and added an extension. I haven’t found a source for the collet springs (only missing two) - but the springs are easy to roll in/out. Pretty happy with the result, thank you. D

Phaneron

Scott
Yes, I did end up tracking down a KC-15 with D1-3 through eBay. I'm glad to hear the Multisize is working out for you. One trick for finding Pratt and Burnerd stuff is to search the UK eBay site instead of the US/Canadian site. Shipping can be very high though.