• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

WTB lathe

Nathan

I’m looking for an older lathe 14x40 to 22x80.
I would really like a 3 inch bore but not a deal breaker if it’s built like a
Monarch, DS&G, Axleson,
This is more of a want than a need. I’m really hoping to find one around the $3-5 grand range.

Nathan

I’m looking for an older lathe 14x40 to 22x80.
I would really like a 3 inch bore but not a deal breaker if it’s built like a
Monarch, DS&G, Axleson,
This is more of a want than a need. I’m really hoping to find one around the $3-5 grand range.
I’m located 100 kms north of Edmonton. In Barrhead county.

trevj

Ultra Member
A couple/bunch of years ago, I hooked a friend up with a lathe that was being sold by the outfit My Brother In Law worked for, that would have suited your needs well.

Given your size range, and area, I would expect that while they are not thick on the ground, there should be a few well used examples available and inexpensive too, as you are getting well past the usual "hobby" size machine, even for the guys that can handle some reasonably. I'll ask my bud what happened to a friend's 16 inch (rated, not actual!) Monarch. It may still be in the area of Edmonton.

trevj

Ultra Member
I spoke with the fella, and he said the guy that took it off their hands (clearing a deceased friend's shop prior to home sale), had personal issues of his own, and likely lost it in the shuffle.
Didn't know if it went to a good home, or if guys are shaving with it now... Hopefully the former.

Anyways, best of luck in the pursuit!