WTB: Emco Indexing Table

Edgar

Hello All - I’m new to this site and new to having my own lathe/mill. I’m looking for an Emco indexing table. I’m in Vancouver but willing to sort out shipping.

Attachments

• 364C56C1-2CBC-4D35-820D-1B684720C405.png
    364C56C1-2CBC-4D35-820D-1B684720C405.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

trevj

Ultra Member
I have two here at my house. One is mint, and was a gift from a now passed friend, so not for sale, the second was bought in a package of stuff that was advertised on PracticalMachinist, and was bought for another friend of mine. It has been, somewhat abused, as it saw the inside of a blasting booth, to clear off some rust, and rather suffered for the experience. But it did come VERY cheap!

So, they are out there...

They are a nice table and all, but there are others out there that will not cost you near as much, for what you get.

I will ask you if you are trying to put together a matched set, or if you are just thinking that you 'need' an R/T? And also note that the outfit that your picture is from, is pretty close to 'peak price range', as far as his selling prices goes. I suspect he pays pretty well too, as he always seems to have stock.

If you really want one, and are willing to pay, I would suggest the PM site, as one place to inquire, There are a couple different small forums dedicated to the various Emco lathes (I used to have a Super 11, and still somewhat active on the dedicated Forum, on groups.io), that may be worth having a poke around through, and there are several European sites besides Ebay (though that is well worth searching through various Country's listings and making shipping inquiries, too!), that with a little bit of imaginative searching, and some use of translator applications, to build search terms with and communicate, can come up with potential connections. IIRC, one such site is called Ricardo, I think it is Swiss, but there are several different Euro based 'not quite eBay' sites that are used.

Edgar

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear they are out there. I am after this particular one to make the set - not needed but a nice to have. Ideally looking for one in good condition but would start with anything. My first task is to make a new gear for the mill.
Thanks for the tips on the other sites - I’ll have a look.

trevj

Ultra Member
Thanks for the reply. Good to hear they are out there. I am after this particular one to make the set - not needed but a nice to have. Ideally looking for one in good condition but would start with anything. My first task is to make a new gear for the mill.
Thanks for the tips on the other sites - I’ll have a look.
Yeah, I can relate... Spent a fair few bucks on Matching Myford stuff too, over the years. And missed a fair few REALLY good deals on Emco stuff, like a near mint Tool Post grinder a few years back, as well as a complete and VERY well tooled up FB-2 milling machine, for so little money that I still flinch thinking about it! LOL! That was a lot of years of kicking myself in the ass! Near 25 years later!

FWIW, it was a MINT FB-2, that when the Dealer (who had almost no knowledge or experience with 'toy' sized machine tools, offered it to me for $2K, I am pretty certain they had not seen it yet. At the very least, they had no real idea what they were holding on to! It had about a dozen Shaublin collet chucks, and collet sets, for milling cutters, an R/T, with it's own set of bolt on mount 3 and 4 jaw chucks, and a absolute PILE of other goodies! Power feed too! Came from the estate of a German Machinist, who bought it and the Maximat 13 Lathe, as retirement presents for himself... He did NOT go cheap kitting them out!
Anyways, it still serves to me as an object lesson in not flinching, when you are offered something you can actually afford, but obsess over spending too much, eh?