• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

WTB: Bench Mill

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Well, found a CX-601 in pretty darn good shape and it's home. The wood is only temporary (though bolted into the bottom) as I will build something more substantial for it at some point in the future so I can raise it up a bit higher and push it back towards the wall a bit more.

PXL_20220619_212024599.jpg

Goes well enough with the CX-701 lathe...funny though that they're 8 years apart in build dates, lathe from 2012, mill from 2020.

PXL_20220619_212152473.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Well, found a CX-601 in pretty darn good shape and it's home. The wood is only temporary (though bolted into the bottom) as I will build something more substantial for it at some point in the future so I can raise it up a bit higher and push it back towards the wall a bit more.

View attachment 24537

Goes well enough with the CX-701 lathe...funny though that they're 8 years apart in build dates, lathe from 2012, mill from 2020.

View attachment 24536

Put four of those locking post style adjustable height caster wheels under it! That should solve all your issues and be a lot quicker than making something.

Screenshot_20220619-210301_Amazon Shopping.jpg

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Congrats! I like the miller welder-cover.... and I notice we hang our oil pans the same way.... with a rag in it. mine still drips.

The cover is a Miller accessory and kinda a must have IMO as it keeps the welder in much better shape. The oil pan I hardly use anymore, to the right of the mill I have one of those under hoist oil catchers (the yellow/red thing), but ya, guess I left a rag in it lol

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member

View attachment 24536
I like your stand for your lathe!

I’m thinking of how I will make a stand for my soon’ish to be delivered mill.
I was wanting to put a tool cabinet underneath but most are too high, so your idea of using a middle cabinet is great!

Congratulations on the new mill!