WTB: 8"-14" rotary table - Lumby BC

justin1

Super User
Not looking for anything too fancy or new just haven't had any luck sourcing one locally.

prefer to get a name brand unit with indexing capabilities but pretty flexible. Also would like to stay away from Chinese ones but would consider if price is right

Not afraid of a restoration or damaged unit.

Will cover shipping costs or can possible pick up anywhere within 6ish hour drive.

Let me know what you have and how much see if we can make a deal

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
I have a 14" rotary table, never used purchased from KBC a few years ago. Looking for $700.
I can bring it with me the next time I visit my Daughter in Kelowna after Christmas.

justin1

Super User
I would be interested, would you be able to PM me some pictures of it? Or if you wanted could pm me you cell number if you prefer to text

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
just have to make a convenient way of loading and unloading onto mill

For a rotary table that size, you prolly have a knee mill. If so, it's hard to beat a cart on wheels that you push over the mill, crank the table to the right height, and then simply slide the rotary table onto the bed of the mill. Mill table slightly lower to slide on, and slightly higher to slide off.

justin1

Super User

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
@Doggggboy I have one of these. it is not very sturdy, despite the lift claims.
Me too.
I find the stability issues to be more of an issue due to small wheel base than construction or quality.
We used it regularly in the honey extraction house to move 3 or 4 supers with filled comb, approx 60 lbs each, from the hot room to the extractor on an uneven concrete floor. As long as we moved it with the weight at as a low a centre of gravity as possible before raising it to the desired height, it was stable enough.
I use it now in the shop. I raise it up to the required height, load the heavy thing on it, lower it, move it, raise it up again. YMMV of course depending on your use case. I would never consider using it to move something heavy at full height. I really like that it is so quick to raise and doesn't take 100 pumps to get it to height.
I'm sure one of the larger wheel base lift tables would be better but I do like the small footprint of this one. And it was dirt cheap.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Those bike and tranny lifts scare me.

Personally, I'd rather use a fixed height roller cart with a storage cabinet or shelving underneath and the rotary table on top. The mill knee can do all the lifting - put the knee an eighth under the cart and slide the rotary off the cart onto the bed. To remove the rotary, put the knee an eighth high instead.

My knee is still a manual crank but I'll add power Z and X someday soon. Even so, a Dewalt 20V drill and castle adapter makes raising and lowering the knee a piece of cake. WAAAAY easier than operating a scissor lift.

HHIP 3129-0015 1/2 Inch Shank Knee Feed Adapter for Power Drill https://a.co/d/2P8eWds

My 2 cents for whatever it is worth.

trevj

Ultra Member
For our dividing head and rotary table in the last shop I worked in, we bought a hydraulic lift table that actually was pretty stable with the load up a bit higher than the full down position. It had a stainless top, so we could slide the heavy parts off their shelving, and on to the table, then we could slide the parts on to the mill table with the table down as low as it would go under power feed.

Made it a lot easier, and a lot safer, for changing out the stuff!

The R/T was around 16 inches in diameter and the universal dividing head was around 8 inches center height, FWIW. Not light-weight tooling! I already had back issues before I got to that shop, so I was none to enthused about having to manhandle the stuff! Eventually, we also got in a Sky-Lift crane that was mounted to a cart. Once it was suitably ballasted, to be able to counter the offset weight, it too allowed us to hoist similarly heavy tooling and parts without further risk of injury.