• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

World's Cheapest shop, OR Luddite's CAD replacement tool

Oh man! Thanks for sharing this. Actually make a good stocking stuffer.

It would make the allocation of shop space much easier if this was the size I had to fit in. Of course the rest of the space would fill with junk.

And think of what it will do for your electric bill!

Only the first link is working for me but, miniatures for the layout, I'm guessing?
stupid aliexpress and their long and crappy URLs

Yes, they are 1:32 scale machine tools. Great aide for laying out a shop if you have a 1:32 grid. Sure beats playing musical chair with full size machine tools.

Yes, they are 1:32 scale machine tools. Great aide for laying out a shop if you have a 1:32 grid. Sure beats playing musical chair with full size machine tools.
Cute little things!

There is a alternative in between CAD and moving the full sized items. I have made cardboard footprints of things and shuffled them around on graph paper - most recently it was tub, toilet, vanity, etc., for a bathroom reno, but the principle holds.

Alternate, $2 to $10 on iOS App Store. Rooms app. I haven’t figured out how to rotate text.

IMG_7443.webp

Cute little things!

There is a alternative in between CAD and moving the full sized items. I have made cardboard footprints of things and shuffled them around on graph paper - most recently it was tub, toilet, vanity, etc., for a bathroom reno, but the principle holds.
Have done same, both for shop layout and room planning. Pick a useful enough scale, and start shuffling cutouts of suitable size, around, to see how things might work or fit well.

I'm a fan of small paper cutouts on a scale layout for such things. But I confess I think little 3D printed machines are cool.

stupid aliexpress and their long and crappy URLs

I would think that you guys with 3D printers could probably do these and there are probably plans out there for them as well.

I would think that you guys with 3D printers could probably do these and there are probably plans out there for them as well.

And maybe make a variety of scale machines available to other members for a reasonable fee...

Back