• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Working on my South Bend 9C

Once you have your drive in place, (which is now on the island ) just measure the length and take that to the auto parts store and get a 6 rib serpentine.....
Yo Don, I drove the full length of Woobank today to visit a couple of fabulous 4 month old GS puppies.
It made me wonder if you might have anything that needs to get closer to Victoria. I think I'll be there again tomorrow so let me know, maybe pm me a phone number.
 
I have five. These two imparticular are from a litter we had this summer. One went to Rivers Inlet to live with another one of our pups from three years ago. The other lives on Quadra Island now but they both were in Nanaimo today. I had Pinky with me and she is also from the litter three years ago. Pinky is the aunt to these two.
I believe Don is also a collector. We kept Pinky three years ago or to be more accurate Pinky kept us. When she was seven weeks old it was September and warm. Our front door was open and she walked in and lay down at my feet. I picked her up and put her back in the puppy run. Five minutes later she was back. Rinse and repeat. Finally I decided I'd better figure out where she was sneaking out so we didn't have all eight running around. Turns out she was climbing the fence, I got the video.
 
Yo Don, I drove the full length of Woobank today to visit a couple of fabulous 4 month old GS puppies.
It made me wonder if you might have anything that needs to get closer to Victoria. I think I'll be there again tomorrow so let me know, maybe pm me a phone number.
Yes sir.... you can even visit a couple of mine. 🙄 OK, the puppy momma and one of her pups that live here.... pm incoming.....
 
Turns out she was climbing the fence, I got the video.

Our very first dog after we got married was a GS. Beautiful, friendly, smart, and amazing in so many ways. She died of snakebite. After that we had all DD's. Our very first litter most of them climbed the fence. After that, I always built kennels that had a roof.

Our last two dogs died 2 years ago. One developed seizures when she was 8 and the other died of old age. My wife says we are too old to have another dog.
 
20220107_174237.jpg
Sasha..... she's been gone a few years now, she was a huge part of my life for a few rough years. This was a couple weeks after she suffered a stroke and the wheelchair I made for her. She took to it like a duck to water and was back chasing balls again, just not so many or so far.
I can keep going..... turns out I like dogs, it's humans that I am still on the fence about. 🙄
 
Our very first dog after we got married was a GS. Beautiful, friendly, smart, and amazing in so many ways. She died of snakebite. After that we had all DD's. Our very first litter most of them climbed the fence. After that, I always built kennels that had a roof.

Our last two dogs died 2 years ago. One developed seizures when she was 8 and the other died of old age. My wife says we are too old to have another dog.
Dogs keep you young.
 
Yeah we had a golden retriever that would climb the chain link, then walk the top bar, about an 1inch tube. The last boarder colley I had, was likely smart enough to drive the jeep, but couldn’t reach the pedals.
Now down to one dog, a paraneses cross, just over 160 lb. Often he walks me, which is not good at the moment, too much ice, and recovering from the neck surgery. But like all our dogs, they have all been family.
As the old saw goes, my paraneses only sheds twice a year, from Dec. to July, and Aug. to Nov.
Sometimes I think half the food he eats goes to growing hair.IMG_0038.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Dogs keep you young.

I'm sorry. I thought GS was German Shorthair. Our fence climbers were DD's - Deutsch Drahthaars.

But you are right about dogs keeping you young. I could feel my youth being sucked out of me when I buried them. My wife had already laid down the law about them being the last ones.
 
Back
Top