• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Working on my South Bend 9C

I too miss my old ones. Drove ‘em for years.
But one tends to forget winter time valve adjustments every 3,000 miles (if you don’t want a burnt exhaust valve) while laying on your back with cold hands or no heater while going downhill, blah, blah….
But in hindsight…..well actually no….
 
Bostar AXA tool post (not all parts pictured) and pre-milled t-nut have arrived!

Just need the drive assembly and belt (which I can't measure for until I get the drive assembly). Guess that means I need to finally start servicing the rest of it while I wait!
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251124_210955141.jpg
    PXL_20251124_210955141.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Anyone got a particular recommendation for a belt brand and/or vendor domestically, or just whoever has something in the right dimensions is good enough? (The belt on there is 1" wide, I don't know the length I need yet, just getting my ducks in a row)

I don't have any used automotive belts kicking around to repurpose (not really a car guy).
 
Anyone got a particular recommendation for a belt brand and/or vendor domestically, or just whoever has something in the right dimensions is good enough? (The belt on there is 1" wide, I don't know the length I need yet, just getting my ducks in a row)

I don't have any used automotive belts kicking around to repurpose (not really a car guy).
Hi Michael,

An old trouser leather belt could be used with the ends scarfed and glued. I'm assuming its a flat belt you want !
 
Anyone got a particular recommendation for a belt brand and/or vendor domestically, or just whoever has something in the right dimensions is good enough? (The belt on there is 1" wide, I don't know the length I need yet, just getting my ducks in a row)

I don't have any used automotive belts kicking around to repurpose (not really a car guy).
Once you have your drive in place, (which is now on the island ) just measure the length and take that to the auto parts store and get a 6 rib serpentine.....
 
Back
Top