I am of the opinion that if the other parts will make for an easier or more convenient mode of operating or getting jobs done, all and good. If the changes make only one thing/job easier then that had best be the thing/job you do lots of, or be able to change things back easily so other jobs can still be accomplished. I am not sure what you maybe changing, though possibly/likely head stock/spindle. Will the tooling fit the new pieces?
Sometimes a change prevents other things being able to be done. A basic lathe is a very versatile machine, capable of many jobs, a few additions can make one able to do more things.
If a person is able to learn how to do something such as threading in a week?, they would be doing well and likely they only learned one small aspect of threading. Repeated jobs allows for learning and muscle memory.
As others are saying, learning how to operate a lathe takes time, I doubt I will have enough.
Sometimes a change prevents other things being able to be done. A basic lathe is a very versatile machine, capable of many jobs, a few additions can make one able to do more things.
If a person is able to learn how to do something such as threading in a week?, they would be doing well and likely they only learned one small aspect of threading. Repeated jobs allows for learning and muscle memory.
As others are saying, learning how to operate a lathe takes time, I doubt I will have enough.