• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Wood rack

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
hey guys I'm working on welding a wood rack. It's a commission.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
What is your plam for the "stars" exactly?

Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
It looks good. Keep us updated on the project I would like to see how it turns out.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
IMG_4006.JPG

The firewood rack is finally done. Over built as usual. The square stock is solid so the thing is pretty heavy but it all comes apart so you can move it around. The green tape on the flowers is just temporary. The feet are adjustable for uneven ground. It's going outside to a friends property in BC.

Last edited:

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Looks fantastic! Super sturdy. You can tell that much with nothing more than the picture.

Sent from my iPhone.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
John, the finish is paint I assume?

Where did you paint this? In your shop or..?
(Finish looks great, and I don't see the tell tale black paint on the floor, nor dust particles from painting outside)

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I used a paint sprayer thinned the paint with water. It dried to touch in 5-10 min so no dirt. And yes I sprayed it outside in the alley on a tarp. Actually did it in pieces. It was a big pain. I'd use spray cans next time probably. Not sure it saved any money either. Two cans each of primer and paint. ~$80.