Wilton TL1440 lathe C$3,000

RobertW

Looks like a scam. Messaged him yesterday. Said he had someone looking at it at 11pm. Messaged him this morning. Says they never showed up because he was late. Says he has more people coming this morning. BUT if I send a deposit he will hold it for me. Sounds like a scam to me.

Jswain

Joe
It is a scam I also messaged them, also the grizzly mill for 3000 exact same responses from a different seller BUYER BEWARE

I would maybe update the original post to include this is a scam

Jswain

Joe
I actually just checked and both this lathe and the grizzly mill messaged back and said "I told you I had other people showing up, but I do not want a bidding war to take place at my house so if you want it you will have to send a deposit"

I replied, yes no problem can I send my coworker there to give you a quick cash deposit?

He works at the local police department he could be there in 5 minutes.

They both left the chat within seconds:rolleyes:

The guy with the grizzly knee mill on wheels also has a round column mill posted, and they look like real ads so BUYER BEWARE

This is the grizzly mill: do not send this guy money

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If it is a scam the deposit should be a paper bag on fire at his doorstep.
I think I'd generally be considered an honest person but man when I see these scammers I have a tremendous urge to scam the scammers. Dirty rotten low life.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Calgary AB

406528917_6976278975785293_990944062074044465_n.jpg

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wonder if any of the current AI apps can be fed the picture & ask it 'find all sources of this picture'. If it scrapes the web & finds exact match with the same broom & same swarf pan from a year 2019 chat forum or prior Kijiji sale 1000 km away, scumbag alert level 10. That would make a good email to FaceTwit or law enforcement. Whether said party is even in the country is another matter. Now they could easily photoshop it to disguise, but that takes time & leaves telltales too. Time is money, even for scumbags.

Jswain

Joe
I wonder if any of the current AI apps can be fed the picture & ask it 'find all sources of this picture'. If it scrapes the web & finds exact match with the same broom & same swarf pan from a year 2019 chat forum or prior Kijiji sale 1000 km away, scumbag alert level 10. That would make a good email to FaceTwit or law enforcement. Whether said party is even in the country is another matter. Now they could easily photoshop it to disguise, but that takes time & leaves telltales too. Time is money, even for scumbags.
Google lens, Yandex reverse image search