• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Where to source miscellaneous small hardware?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Re Spaenaur - its starting to come back to me now. Here is their FAQ https://spaenaur.com/faq/
- There entire catalog is online digital (although I still like the feel of thumbing through catalogs) https://spaenaur.com/catalog/
- 5$ min order so that's not bad at all
- item pricing is a bit of forth & back pita type deal, send in an order, they quote a price, yada-yada. I guess with dynamic currency that's a fact of life, they don't publish but will quote
- delivery cost... well you can read as good as me. I excerpted below. I remember doing a dry run order with my Fedex account which is actually competitive with Canada Post. By the time you ship a box of air across the provinces at 15-20$, all in all I think is kind of a $50 order type place to make economic sense. And I've done that on occasion with ebay sellers. I buy a progressive series of fasteners like 20 per in the range of sizes. But onsey-twosey stuff is probably not going to fly.

Delivery charges depend on a number of things like: the weight of the item(s) and the destination, when you expect to receive it, etc. However, you are able to use your own courier account or ours.

If you are shipping domestically within Canada, we do offer free shipping (via Spaenaur’s carrier of choice) on orders over $1000 (before tax).

Can I use my own courier account?
Absolutely. We support shipping with a number of couriers on a customer’s account: FedEx, Purolator, UPS, Dicom, Loomis, DHL, Cardinal, Midland, Canada Parcel Post, and Sameday. Just specify the courier, service type and account number on your PO. (You can also ship with ours.)

Last edited:

Downwindtracker2

PA is taking to stocking plastic trays of pins, roll pins, set screws ,etc. And one of the trays is called "shop assortment". It has woodruff keys . They frequently go on sale as well.