Shop What's Happening in Chazz's Shop?

Shop

ChazzC

New member here (blame @mmcmdl - he invited us from the Hobby-Machinist Forum). Starting this thread so I have a consistent location to post my activities, including videos. While in theory I have evnough posts to start including links, I'll wait to be certain.

Watch This Space!

Charlie

ChazzC

Mounting a new 5" 3-Jaw Accusize Chuck on my 7x16 Mini-Lathe

Purchased the chuck back in December after being alerted to a deal by a member on another Forum, then waited for Little Machine Shop to bring the backplate to Cabin Fever and then had to get things set up for videos. The other Forums had to wait for parts 2 & 3; I've now created as a playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVajyBolhaD0rVdi0jxsCEzVE8K85lN3R

Please like and leave comments; or you can leave comments/questions here (tried to embed the video here, but ran into difficulties, I think because it's a playlist: sorry). Thanks!

Last edited:

ChazzC

Glammed Up my Kant-Twist Clamps

Got tired of sore fingers from the skinny T-handles so finally I broke down and added grips:
20240407 Kant-Twist Handles.jpeg
4-1/2", 2-1/2", 2" & 1" clamps (some are Kant-Tiwst-ish); mostly Weaver-Grip™ courtesy of a Zoro 20% coupon, but a few copies improved versions from eBay (the Weaver's went on easier, even on the non-branded clamps). The baby 3/4" has a knurled knob. Still need another grip for a lonely 1" (Zoro had limited stock for the small ones).

I do have a problem: I found a bare spot that is begging for more clamps.