• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

What taper is on this boring Erickson 50 boring head?

rodm1

Anyone have an idea what taper is on this Erickson 50 boring head or how to remove the adapter? I need to figure out a way to use this in a RongFu RF30.

Attachments

• s-l16f00.jpg
    s-l16f00.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 15
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 14
  • fvffd.jpg
    fvffd.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 13

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Is there a screw down in there from the top? No idea what that is. It’s not cat40, cat50, R8. Is it a BT something? Before you commit how much are the inserts? It may not make sense to use it. Or does it hold boring bars? More pictures…

kstrauss

I have two Erickson tenthset heads (#37 and #50) and both have a screw shank with female threads in the head. A little torque and they easily unscrew.

kstrauss

I don't believe that I've had my #50 apart. The #37 requires removing two button head screws (#6-32 as I recall) that hold the bottom cap to the body. It then just comes apart. There are many small parts inside including several tiny springs so pay careful attention and maybe take some photographs!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
How do you know that @rodm1? I looked that up and discovered yet another machine tool I’ve never heard of. Have you used one of those?

rodm1

How do you know that @rodm1? I looked that up and discovered yet another machine tool I’ve never heard of. Have you used one of those?
I stumble across the tool holder on Ebay with the name of the mill that it fit. Never used one but have used some very old relics. I think most of these machines are dead but the tooling still lives at least on Ebay.

Last edited: