• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

What pocket knife do you carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Although technically in a holster on my belt, a Buck 110. Bought it for a song from a second hand store in Lethbridge, can't remember when. Decades ago. Eighties, maybe? It's ridden through 2 countries, 10 states, 4 provinces, driven through another 5 states, climbed 10's of thousands of feet of mountains, hiked hundreds of miles of trails and paddled dozens of river trips. It's cut everything from calf testicles to breakfast, lunch & supper (sometimes one & the same) & more than once carved a spoon out of a chunk of wood when I forgot my backpacking silverware. It's also popped the lids off untold numbers of beer bottles. Bought one for our youngest for Christmas last year.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I just picked up a Demko AD20.5 and I gotta say, I really love it.

Last edited:

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
clip point 1000004234.jpg
Demko on top, Remette Rhino, and Benchmade Crooked River on the bottom.

The Remette was an accidental purchase (I had previously added it to my cart in my business account on amazon), but I'm happy with it too. It will stay in my truck.

Last edited:

trevj

Ultra Member
Day to day, usually a classic old-school original style Leatherman, a Victorinox SAK Explorer (first because it was a gift from my much admired MIL, second, because the magnifier is SO handy!), and a little Old Timer 104OT, that is sharpened and stropped for use as a general purpose surgical tool when working on a sheep or whatever else needs a delicate touch. Pocket time aids in making it sterile enough to cut apples with, eh? So, normally, I have at least three choices for tools to suit the purpose.

Got tired of losing sheath knives out in the hay fields, so have been using Gerber Airfoil folders in addition to the rest, when I need a one hand knife during hay season or whatever. Takes only a few minutes to adjust the mechanism and lube it up so a flick across the opening stud, with a thumbnail, or the correct flick of a wrist, will snap it open. And, cheap!

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Day to day, usually a classic old-school original style Leatherman, a Victorinox SAK Explorer (first because it was a gift from my much admired MIL, second, because the magnifier is SO handy!), and a little Old Timer 104OT, that is sharpened and stropped for use as a general purpose surgical tool when working on a sheep or whatever else needs a delicate touch. Pocket time aids in making it sterile enough to cut apples with, eh? So, normally, I have at least three choices for tools to suit the purpose.

Got tired of losing sheath knives out in the hay fields, so have been using Gerber Airfoil folders in addition to the rest, when I need a one hand knife during hay season or whatever. Takes only a few minutes to adjust the mechanism and lube it up so a flick across the opening stud, with a thumbnail, or the correct flick of a wrist, will snap it open. And, cheap!
Careful, that's not legal here in Canada if you can one hand flick open "technically".

Tom O

Ultra Member
Here’s mine both clip ons (left pocket) can flick used for general purpose and the (right pocket) Smith and Weston that will not flick its more like the older two handed knives I’m not a fan of the blades that uses that lever to open partially.

image0.jpeg

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That crooked river and the Demko I posted above are faster than a switchblade. Heck, I have an old well used multitool that can open like a butterfly knife. It opens to the needlenose pliers, but i'm sure it would offend someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.