Welding table

Brent H

Ultra Member
I didn’t think the clamps would work as well as they do. The ends are just 2” long pieces of some end cuts off some 3/4 4140 I had from a lathe project. I just used the same roll pin that came with the original foot and the tube on the end is just some 3/4 ID steel tube. The set of 4 clamps was $27 on sale

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for the clamp tip Brent, I don't know that I'd drill the entire top but perhaps the area in the middle.
I've also thought about using Teco clamps but I can't think of a way to connect them to the table.

Brent H

Ultra Member
You might be able to do the same sort of 3/4 x 1” plug welded to the bottom of the TECO pad. Or make a pad with the plug for the clamp to bolt onto?

Brent H

Ultra Member
Some other thoughts for you @David_R8 -

when I built my table I have an adjustable shelf that you can precision level so that a cut saw or band saw can sit on the table and then be level with the table for cut support. As an additional thing you can build a couple square tube receivers that you screw to the wall and then you can put the shelf on the wall and hold your saw when not in use. Same goes for the vice if you make a stand that fits the tubing.

I can sketch you up something if you require clarification.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Some other thoughts for you @David_R8 -

when I built my table I have an adjustable shelf that you can precision level so that a cut saw or band saw can sit on the table and then be level with the table for cut support. As an additional thing you can build a couple square tube receivers that you screw to the wall and then you can put the shelf on the wall and hold your saw when not in use. Same goes for the vice if you make a stand that fits the tubing.

I can sketch you up something if you require clarification.
A sketch would be super helpful!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks [mention]Brent H [/mention]
Great drawing and pics. Very useful and definitely gives me ideas.
I need to mount a vise and a ring roller to the table but I didn’t want to bolt them to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent H

Ultra Member
The outer is 2” and the inner is 1-1/2” square. If you put the seam on the 2” to the side it does not interfere with a good fit.