140mower
Don
Let's just say that the land is worth much more without the rail car than it was ever going to save in heating costs. Not to mention that insurance wasn't an option if it went south.
The uncle has done quite well for himself. Worrying about the house burning down over a few dollars wasn't sitting well with him and I get that. It's one of those "generational" properties and I am too young to remember when it was in its full glory, but in my younger years it was still a sight to behold perched on the top of that massive granite outcrop over looking the barns and corrall on one side, and the ships passing on the other. It was getting neglected in Grampa's later years, but I believe is now restored. I haven't been there in several years.
The uncle has done quite well for himself. Worrying about the house burning down over a few dollars wasn't sitting well with him and I get that. It's one of those "generational" properties and I am too young to remember when it was in its full glory, but in my younger years it was still a sight to behold perched on the top of that massive granite outcrop over looking the barns and corrall on one side, and the ships passing on the other. It was getting neglected in Grampa's later years, but I believe is now restored. I haven't been there in several years.