• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Wanted mini shaper

The " Home Shop Machinist " has a discussion on their forum page about adding a front support to a 7a table .

bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forum/general/71318-adding-front-table-support-to-an-atlas-shaper

There is the link to it .
Bill

Nice to see a few success stories of members selling to members
great looking shop, with a nice addition to the floor
Thanks!
The working side of my shop, always have a couple Italian motorcycle rebuilds on the bench. Finding parts for these old nails is getting harder every year and fabricating replacement bits is becoming a necessity. Too many machine shops have closed and hardly anyone is willing to take on small machine projects so I keep trying to learn how to do it myself. A shaper will be great for shaft splines, slots etc.

I didn't realize there was a 7 as well, but you got me questioning it and I found the image below. My point was its the 7B that had the table support and 7A (and apparently the 7 as well) didn't have it

View attachment 50855
It doesn’t mention anything about the wood cabinet base on mine although I have to say it has quite the rock to it in the higher settings I keep it on low.

Back