• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Wanted mini shaper

canuck750

Premium Member
Looking for a 7” mini shaper, SouthBend or similar, must be complete and operational, cosmetic condition not a concern.
Text Jim 780-929-0919
Located in Edmonton, I will pay for shipping from most anywhere in Canada.

Jim. Above you have given 2 different numbers. 780 929 0919 and 780 920 0919. I’ve texted both….. would you clarify which one is correct. Cheers.

My new to me Atlas 7B Shaper arrived on Friday, Derek did an exceptional job packing the machine, securing it to a pallet etc. I am really looking forward to putting it to use this fall. Right now I have a couple motorcycle projects to finish, Learning to use the shaper will be a good fall project.
The YouTube channel ‘Jon’s Workshop’ has a series of videos restoring an Atlas 7B British made clone and several videos using the shaper.
The build quality of this little machine is impressive. It would look great sitting next to a small Atlas Horizontal Mill…..

I didn't realize there was a 7 as well, but you got me questioning it and I found the image below. My point was its the 7B that had the table support and 7A (and apparently the 7 as well) didn't have it

1724277095500.webp

imo yes. All things being equal, to me it makes sense to have the support foot than not, but no doubt folks have done good work on the ones without. Just my view, I have a 7b for awhile and it worked well enough, but I'm a long way from a shaper expert.

Back