Other Vevor ultrasonic cleaners?

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have the 3L one, the handle for the lid broke right away but otherwise great cleaning, I never had any real heating issues mine drifts high and was quite long to come back down one of the times I paid attention.

I have the 3L one, the handle for the lid broke right away but otherwise great cleaning, I never had any real heating issues mine drifts high and was quite long to come back down one of the times I paid attention.
Can you clarify what you mean by 'drifts high and was quite long to come back down'?

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I have no experience with vevor ones, but I have a small harbor freight style one that works ok, I've just outgrown it now, and have contemplated the vevor ones too.....

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Can you clarify what you mean by 'drifts high and was quite long to come back down'?
Maybe drift is not the right word when it heats up to temp say 30, the indicator will rise say to 35 and then take a long time 1+ hour to come back down to the set temp. For me its not a problem but if you wanted a precise temp it may not be consistent but I never compared the actual temp to the indicator.

I have a 10 Liter, not Vevor brand, but same style (got it from amazon).
Its okay, not amazing, but for some stuff easier than hand cleaning. Temperature takes forever to rise.
I run Zep orange degreaser, water, and sunlight dish soap.
Some stubborn parts caked with old machining coolant don't come clean.
But for the most part it has cleaned up everything enough in 1 or 2 rounds that once I hit it with the compressed air it comes clean.

Used it mostly when fixing my old mill and lathe, nice to get fine chips out of the hardware. And tossed a I've few small engine carbs in there as well.
I haven't run super clean (purple degreaser) in is yet as I heard it can really eat some parts.
-Dave

van123d

I have used an iSonic 2.5L cleaner from Amazon for the past 5 years.

I use it pretty regularly between firearms, carburetors, and machinery parts. I have been pretty happy with the performance. This heats up in about 5-10min. I do not know what the temp is but it is hot enough that it is uncomfortable to touch or to handle parts immediately after removing. After 5 years it is starting to make some sounds while it is heating up and things are expanding. I suspect I will need to replace it soon and would like something a bit bigger.

For people with the Vevor units saying they are slow to heat. How slow are we talking?

30min ish to get to 40Deg C. 10L unit. When I only run a 20min it hits temp during the second run

Edit: starting temp was around 14Deg C

cjmac

Anyone else?
I bought the 10 litre Vevor about a year ago. Haven't had a chance to use it much. When I got it the ultra sonic part worked but there was a problem with the temperature controller. I sent them the requested video demonstrating he problem and they decided that it needed a new circuit board (not the one that I thought it should be). My approach would have been checking connections but they were all sealed with RTV and it was under warranty so I didn't mess with them. Anyway, they sent the new board, which cost me $20 in tax and duty, but they sent the 220v version of it. They then insisted that it was the right one and that I had to try it. It of course did not work. They responded to that by saying they would give me $100 credit to get it fixed locally. I accepted that offer and proceeded to do what I would have done in the first place which was unplug and replug all the inter board connectors. It worked fine after that. For the price, the electronics and transducers seemed pretty solid. As good as I would expect to see in units costing a lot more. I would imagine that the heater is more suited to maintaining the water temperature rather than heating 10L of water from cold in a short time.

Chris

Birkhoff

Somewhere along the way I acquired a 22 litre Vevor-equivalent via M'place. I've got about 2 year's worth experience tinkering with it.

It is big enough to take a Subaru head or similar engine parts. It does a decent enough job on those things -- equivalent to what I've seen from a machine shop that is not using vapour blasting or some other high-tech machine. It is very good for carbs (put them in a glass jar, full, and 'float it' in the tank to save fluid). It is a kind of axiom with these things that 'big enough' is soon challenged by some project or other (a subaru crankcase??).

I've used a wide range of simple green type cleaners at various concentrations up to 25% as solvent; they all work about the same.

It takes the shine off any plastic quite effectively. It is absolutely useless on engine exhaust valves -- but that's a high bar.

It takes quite a while to heat from winter basement temps to about 60C -- a good cleaning temp. The temperature rise when using just the transducers is about the same as with the heating elements alone. So, if I'm impatient, I put on both heat and `clean' and it heats up from cold reasonably fast. But, of course I'm using up the transducer life doing this. Starting at 60C, once the clean cycle starts the temp rises another 5-10 degrees, even though the heaters don't come on (reflecting the fact that watts generated have to go somewhere, I guess). This may partly explain the temperature 'drift' observed by @combustable herbage. One can plan for it.

It is not well insulated and especially not the top. Once heated, i put a big wool blanket over the sheet metal top to save heat but also to cut down on the very annoying high pitched sound. Mine is the microprocessor control version with soft switches -- I expect that will be the weak link in the end.

For the kind of projects I do, I find it less useful than a decent solvent-based parts washer, but more convenient than driving across town to a machine shop. The space-to-utility balance is barely there. If someone wanted to borrow it for a couple weeks, I wouldn't miss it -- let's put it that way. I can't say the same for my floor jack, bench hydraulic press, bandsaw, drill press, parts washer etc to which I have become shockingly attached.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
I have an old 1L one, and a couple of weeks ago I bought a new 6L Vevor, the version with digital controls. I wanted one that has a drain valve, emptying the smaller one involved tipping it over the sink and risking cleaning solution getting into the electronics.

The new Vevor seems to work Ok, I’ve only tried on a few trinkets. First test was just warm water with a bit of Dawn dish soap, and one of the test pieces is an aluminum vise jaw from my engraver. Top one is au natural, bottom one is after twenty minutes in the cleaner. My guess is the Vevor is fit for purpose.

As @David_R8 says, you won’t live long enough for the 100 watt heater to get 6L of water to any sort of high temperature. Start with hot water and it might be able to keep it sort of hot.

Attachments

• IMG_6810.jpeg
    IMG_6810.jpeg
    517.2 KB · Views: 12

cjmac

As I posted above, I have a 10 litre Vevor ultrasonic cleaner. I finally used it over the past few weeks. I have a Kubota D722 3 cylinder diesel that is destined to run a generator. It has been sitting for about 10 years. When I tried to start it, it wouldn't fire and the theory was that the injection pump was gummed up from sitting. There are youtube video's of rebuilding the injector pump, but what I don't take apart, I don't have to put back together right.

So, I put 4 or so litres of diesel in the cleaner, added a few tablespoons of "Gummout" fuel injector cleaner and dropped in the injector pump. The heat was on at 45-50 C and I ran the transducers for 30 minutes 2-3 times a day. This was outside on a board on the ground with an inverted plastic tote as a cover. After 3-4 days the rack started moving a bit and by day 9 it was probably serviceable. I gave it a few more days and everything moved just as it should. I put it in the engine on Monday and it fired up.

For the first few days the heater would stay on full time. Then it got flakey but did go on again when I pushed the button. This may be the bad connection it had when I got it has come back. Also, the rubber feet on the removeable rack dissolved. (I got two of them out but two totally fell apart).

I don't know what It would have cost to get that pump rebuilt at a shop and I really didn't want to do it myself. Lots of springs and stuff to fly across the room as you take it apart.

Pretty happy with the ultrasonic cleaner.

Chris

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I bought the 15 litre Vevor a couple of months ago. I like that it has separate on/off controls for heat and transducer as I can warm it up while dicking around trying to find the part I wanted to clean. Mine is an upgraded 600 w heater and it will bring the temp from 15 to 55 in about 30 minutes. I have just been using water in the tub and putting the parts in smaller containers with cleaner or Evaporust. One thing I don't like is that while the timer will shut off the transducer it will not shut off the heater. Super noisy with the lid on but some weatherstripping on the lid solved that. For 230 bucks I'm happy.

Hacker

Super User
Anyone have a vevor UltraSonic Cleaner? I'm looking at of the 30L ones for a possible purchase.
I have had a Vevor 10L for about two years and have used it a mostly on carbs. It has worked well. I bought the unit with the rotary dials instead of the soft touch control panel. My thought process was that I can easily repair/replace those if they fail. The soft touch not so much. I don't think Vevor is much on supplying replacement parts if something fails so I let that be my guide when making purchases from them.

The soft touch not so much. I don't think Vevor is much on supplying replacement parts if something fails so I let that be my guide when making purchases from them.
Yeah its definitely commodity 'when it breaks, throw it out' kind of consumer goods.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have one and it works. Heater units in these should be removed as they are too weak to do anything more then keep the hot water hot - and that is a maybe.

cjmac

I have one and it works. Heater units in these should be removed as they are too weak to do anything more then keep the hot water hot - and that is a maybe.
Actually, my heater (10 litre version) seemed to do quite well. I took the injector pump out every day to "exercise" it, and if the heater was set to 50C the pump was too hot to comfortably hang onto.

Chris