• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Vancouver Island Meet Up

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
OK Island people, anyone interested in getting together one Saturday in September? In the Duncan or Langford area, but any area would be better than none.

Please respond if you are interested, if you are willing to host, and what dates would work for you.

I'm upon Campbell River and would host, but it's a bit of a drive from the South Island. I could also likely get a venue in Duncan, or even a coffee shop, if there isn't a better option

I can make it Sept. 16, 23 or 30.

skookumrob

Hi Tom,

I have a mezzanine meeting space available with tables and chairs for about 30 people. Happy to host in Langford if there is interest!
Skookum Tools Ltd.
dba OnlineSupply.ca
#136-2770 Leigh Road
Langford, B.C. V9B 4G1
Ph. 1-888-665-6936
E. warehouse@onlinesupply.ca

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a great idea! I floated this a few months back, and would love to attend! Any day of the week can work for me.

I’m heading off on holidays for a month at the end of the week, so perhaps someone would be interested in trying to herd the various cats in the Island/in the greater Vancouver area?

Or I can step up when I get back.

I understand there is something called “Doodle” that can be used to help find the best possible dates for everyone.

Perhaps in the fall once we are all finished with the summer schedule?

skookumrob

My space is open for a meeting just about any evening. As long as I can have a couple weeks notice, I'd be happy to host!

I've attached some pictures of the space so you can get an idea of what we have available, I am happy to offer the space free of charge as we are hoping to support the community and foster connections!

We have a computer and a projector for presentations in the space as well.

Attachments

• 20211103_162119~2.jpg
    20211103_162119~2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211103_162205~2.jpg
    20211103_162205~2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211103_162223~2.jpg
    20211103_162223~2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

skookumrob

Some days/times that could work well for us are:

Tuesday Evening anytime between 5-9
Thursday Evening anytime between 5-9
Saturday Afternoon 3-5 (my personal preference)

Here is my go at a "Doodle" as suggested by @Tomc938 the actual dates are "representative" for now... Just looking to see what Day/Time works best for the most people. We can nail down a specific date once we have that!

Last edited:

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Hi all,
From a September perspective we have my son's wedding (on the mainland) on the weekend of the 14th and a cousin from the UK coming on the 21st or so. The 24th of September is our wedding anniversary so SWMBO is suggesting we replay our honeymoon in the UK. I don't think I'm allowed to send her and not come along.
Now that we no longer have a dog we are way more free to pick up and go somewhere on a whim.

Hi all,
From a September perspective we have my son's wedding (on the mainland) on the weekend of the 14th and a cousin from the UK coming on the 21st or so. The 24th of September is our wedding anniversary so SWMBO is suggesting we replay our honeymoon in the UK. I don't think I'm allowed to send her and not come along.
Now that we no longer have a dog we are way more free to pick up and go somewhere on a whim.
You didn't mention how hard it is to recreate something and make it as good as the original did you? And how there's this little swanky, casual dress, social event just around the corner, did ya? Might even be some dancing in the parking lot ( of course, by this time your lips have turned a shade of blue from the death grip on your neck)........
Okay, your plan might be better....... Maybe.......:rolleyes:

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Why wait for September? Why not some time in May?

In 1991 Stonehenge was all fenced off, you could only get to about 20 feet away from the stones.
I'm still working. Tomorrow I take parts to Coquitlam for pick and place assembly. Bring back some boards they were short of parts on that are now finished. Still things to finish for Misha's estate. Sometime this week or next we get Anja's ashes. Theoretically we're also teaching another dance class starting May 5th.
As a birthday gift for a friend I ordered a bottle of Richland Rum from Georgia. It will be here next week.
Very busy...

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm away in May, but gave my preferred dates in June.

And I'm free most of other times. Saturday would be my first choice. Otherwise I al looking at staying overnight. Not a deal breaker, but just FYI.

Let's make this happen!