British Columbia
Type
Other

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Ran across this today in my FB feed.
Could be a good alternative to Send-Cut-Send for folks.
No experience with them.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I wonder how the laser cutting compares with the water jet cutting?
Laser is going to have better precision because the beam is smaller than the water jet. Smaller, more intricate designs are more suited to laser.
I also think the cost of laser will be lower as there is less processing as water jet requires processing of the water and abrasive.

In 2020, when I had my welding table top cut of the same material, without holes, it was $185 from Victoria Waterjet. A few weeks back I got a quote from them for a 2’x3’ x 3/8” top with 20mm holes. It was only $325. Considering the increase in material costs I thought that was quite reasonable.

Last edited:

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Laser is going to have better precision because the beam is smaller than the water jet. Smaller, more intricate designs as more suited to laser.
I also think the cost of laser will be lower as there is less processing as water jet requires processing of the water and abrasive.

In 2020, when I had my welding table top cut of the same material, without holes, it was $185 from Victoria Waterjet. A few weeks back I got a quote from them for a 2’x3’ x 3/8” top with 20mm holes. It was only $325. Considering the increase in material costs I thought that was quite reasonable.
How would that compare with SendCutSend I wonder?

Last edited by a moderator: