• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Machine Used DARBERT Lathe

Machine

Gordie

Kijiji Ad ID 1659279317
13" x 40" Lathe in Barrie ON for $2,400. Seller notes Lead Screw is non-operative, due to a mechanical issue in the gearbox. Tony at Lathes.co.UK doesn't list the brand. Thoughts?

b88657a2-a856-4f22-8955-d906909d8210

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Darbert is still in business in Mississauga, so parts may be available. If the part(s) can be had for less than $750 I'd say a decent deal.

Big IF though. I've reached out to Darbert to inquire.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Darbert is still in business in Mississauga, so parts may be available. If the part(s) can be had for less than $750 I'd say a decent deal.

Big IF though. I've reached out to Darbert to inquire.
According to Darko at Darbert the lathe OEM for the model 1340D is not around any longer. He says however that they can make any part required...

well so too can many of you, and for far less. But it is nicer if you can just buy replacement parts

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
One of those situations where you need a lathe to fix the lathe. If it weren't broken it would be a real deal.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
lemme put this out there...

IF anyone from this forum wishes to buy this lathe, and needs a lathe and mill in order to make parts for it, you're very welcome to come use our shop in Pickering.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
If you're local, you're welcome any time we are home. For any reason, not just to make parts to get this particular lathe operating correctly

For greater clarity, my "If you're local" comment should have been phrased better. I should have written all local members are welcome to come visit our shop any time we are home, and to use any machine they need when they lack the capacity in their home shop.