Machine Upgrading a smaller metal band saw

Machine

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I stumbled onto this video of a band saw upgrade. Although I wouldn't do everything in the list I'm impressed with his approach. I suspect even @Susquatch might watch this for some ideas.

I especially liked the horizontal table and support. I find it tedious to go back and forth from the small guide to the larger table.

BaitMaster

Super User
I did the upgrade with the little table thing similarly to this video…. Not the full big one but the one that’s small for horizontal but bigger then stock because you know your gonna quick use it vertical anyway.

fixerup

Super User
I stumbled on the same video a few month ago and really like it. Made the large and small table. Love it and to switch over the table top is a breeze now.
I didn't make the outboard table yet, because, I had previously made a quick and dirty solution for that.
I drilled and tap 1/4''-20 on the existing outboard section for some threaded rods and a clamp jaw to go in between. It allowed me to cut very small pieces of stock, which the original clamping vise would not hold. It can also clamp large pieces in odd ways. The last picture is a 7" tall piece of rectangular steel, I made a C channel out of it.

20201127_104614.jpg 20200529_151402.jpg