• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Unable to upload photos from iPhone

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I tried to up load a photo from my iPhone today and got the message "The attached file is too large for the server to process"
But it worked fine when I did it off my desktop.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
It does the same for me with Android, I have had to crop photos slightly to get it to upload

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
More data, no expectations of easy fixing: I get it when I screencap/clip/paste from my Mac, but not if I copy the whole image, or if I upload a real file.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Did you guys with upload problems try resizing to a smaller file size? That has worked for me.

Lots of way to do it, but the easiest is to take picture covering much more area than you need and then cropping it to what you need. I find it needs to be under 1MB.

It's not an ideal solution but it works for now.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Did you accidentally put this in the wrong place? If so, I can move it for you.

What is this puller kit all about anyway?
No accident, it was a test, it was one I couldn’t upload in the thread you’re thinking about

Snap on sells pullers in different ways, you can buy everything they make in one big (expensive) package, or buy starter kits then fill them out as you want. This one was a Kijiji deal for some brand new but oddball stuff

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
No accident, it was a test, it was one I couldn’t upload in the thread you’re thinking about

Too funny! My stupidity never ceases to amaze me!

I have no real interest in the pullers. I was just curious about what you were after with them. Now that I know it was really nothing I can go back to sleep and try harder not to be so dumb..... :rolleyes:

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Trying the resize on my I-Pad (as per Janger).

It seems to work when you just go to the ‘resizing screen’, however, the choices to reattach the photo are all the same size as the original file !? Maybe the photo attachment goes through a refinement process that allows the file to be attached.

Attachments

• 894B68D8-C2AF-4577-BAD9-E2F071DD3BA2.jpeg
    894B68D8-C2AF-4577-BAD9-E2F071DD3BA2.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Resizing doesn't always work for me. The max size seems to change by the moment. Sometimes even retrying the same photo works the second time.

That said, resizing to 1Mb or less seems to work WAY better that trying to upload a 7Mb image. So size is definitely a factor.