• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Trouble Getting Going in Fusion

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
what program do you use for the screen capture of fusion?

If you are using Windows 10 or 11, screen recording is built right into Windows.

Windows-Alt-R to start recording.

Windows-Alt-R again to stop.

@phaxtris @Janger, & @TorontoBuilder - I gave up and deleted the whole thing, and started over. Much better because my house isn't built on a pile of rubble.

Already well into making the stop.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
All done. But for some reason I only show one body on the tree. It acts like 2 bodies though.....

View attachment 32069

One more tip.

Make a sketch, immediately name a sketch. get used to immediately naming EVERY feature in the timeline. That way if you want to reorder features you know what they are, and will know you cannot move an extrusion to create a body ahead of the sketch in the timeline that the body was extruded from.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
One more tip.

Make a sketch, immediately name a sketch. get used to immediately naming EVERY feature in the timeline. That way if you want to reorder features you know what they are, and will know you cannot move an extrusion to create a body ahead of the sketch in the timeline that the body was extruded from.
I used to hate working on a design that did not have named feature groups. This was common when working on a world platform where a night shift designer in India works as your partner. They would listen on one job, then revert on the next.. Very irritating!! We used to have a 3 hour meeting every morning on Teams, then spend over 2 hours fixing the crap, before being able to continue working on new stuff.

For me on a mold. All cuts relating to each operation are grouped into a feature group. Such as ....

1) build-any history related to creating the object.
2) box screws - all assembly screws
3) ejection - ejector and return pins
4) lifters - all cuts related to lifter in the plate...

etc...

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
I used to hate working on a design that did not have named feature groups. This was common when working on a world platform where a night shift designer in India works as your partner. They would listen on one job, then revert on the next.. Very irritating!! We used to have a 3 hour meeting every morning on Teams, then spend over 2 hours fixing the crap, before being able to continue working on new stuff.

For me on a mold. All cuts relating to each operation are grouped into a feature group. Such as ....

1) build-any history related to creating the object.
2) box screws - all assembly screws
3) ejection - ejector and return pins
4) lifters - all cuts related to lifter in the plate...

etc...
Solidworks is similar.
Sketch the feature, extrude, trim, section.
Naming is a exercise in keeping organized.