• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tormach PNCNC 1100 Series 3 and a Kalamazoo H9AW

Mike R

In the followed me home category. The mill somehow has managed to disassemble itself, crawl downstairs to my basement, and reassemble itself (mostly) in the corner all the while displacing the ZAY12X that was there up into the garage.

This mill has most of the bells and whistles that Tormach sold - ATC with power draw bar and full enclosure. It came with the Tormach 5" vice, coolant pump and 17 TTS tool holders, including a tension/compression tapping head.

So far I've got it back up and running and setup / realigned the tool changer.
Next I'll need to check for level and tram, hopefully its still acceptable after all the disassembly and moving.

The enclosure just isn't setup yet - its a lot easier to access things without it so it will go on a bit later I think, but playing with my vices, it looks like the 6" will be too big to use with the enclosure (or doors need to be open). Seems like Tormach optimized around the 5" vice. My cheapo 4" doesn't provide any real size benefit except for being lighter to move.

This mill was also a package deal, and I got a Kalamazoo band saw with it. Model H9AW - 9"x16" capacity. Its just a bit too much saw for me to keep it (700lbs). I'll post up more pictures of it once I finish reassembling it from my cleanup efforts, I'll be posting it up for sale.
First pic is how it looked when I picked it up, next 2 are it partially disassembled in my garage, followed by a reassembly progress pic in the basement, initial placement and finally tonight's efforts of moving into what should be a final position. Lots of other stuff now needs to move (bench, drill press, Emco Compact5, wrench board, etc.).
Last pic is the Kalamazoo - its a bad shot as my garage was so full I couldn't stand properly to get it in frame!

IMG_1399.jpgIMG_1494.jpgIMG_1508.jpgIMG_1522 (1).jpgIMG_1530.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1425.jpg

Back