• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Tools you waited too long to acquire

ColinB

My little 5x6 horizontal/vertical bandsaw gets used a lot. Recently I was making some lathe dolly wheels and the only suitable stock I had was a 15x2" disk of steel (I've had it for about 10 years, from a salvaged glass beveller.) It lead me to make a much larger (plywood) table for the bandsaw, which attaches easily and hangs on the wall when I don't need it.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
My little 5x6 horizontal/vertical bandsaw gets used a lot. Recently I was making some lathe dolly wheels and the only suitable stock I had was a 15x2" disk of steel (I've had it for about 10 years, from a salvaged glass beveller.) It lead me to make a much larger (plywood) table for the bandsaw, which attaches easily and hangs on the wall when I don't need it.
Pictures of that table?

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Revisiting my machining days in the 1980s . . .
I have to admit the best purchase for me was my KING Mill.
It has allowed me to revisit experiences from my youth and test the boundaries of the tooling that I have had collecting dust for years.

Thanks Guys, for all your advice along the way !!

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    610.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    556.5 KB · Views: 7