• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Toolholder order from igstool.com

kylemp

I've been in contact with a sales rep. from http://www.igstool.com/ and am going to put in an order relatively soon.

To be honest, I've never used these guys before so it will be a trial order but I figured that I'd open it up to others who would like to try some of their holders. I haven't had any discussions about cutting tools yet, but if there is enough interest I can make that request as well.

Take a look at their website and let me know if you want anything, I can get back to you with approximate pricing and you can confirm if you would like to tack something onto the order. I anticipate having this all dealt with by early next week so make sure to get in touch with me before then if you're interested.

Thanks
Kyle

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’m having the same conversation with nicecutt.com.

I’ll look at igstool Kyle....

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I'd be curious about pricing for a MT4 ER collet holder, either in ER40 (part #YS1030) or ER32 (part #YS1027)

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Just curious Kyle, was it specific tooling they offered that looked like better bang for buck compared to import offerings vs the usual N-Am distributors that got you interested in the company?

kylemp

I'd be curious about pricing for a MT4 ER collet holder, either in ER40 (part #YS1030) or ER32 (part #YS1027)
Roughly 28usd for either the ER40 or ER32.

Just curious Kyle, was it specific tooling they offered that looked like better bang for buck compared to import offerings vs the usual N-Am distributors that got you interested in the company?
For me it was that they are one of a very few that manufacture TTS style holders, which I think tormach dramatically over charges for in my opinion..

kylemp

I will probably be putting in my request Monday, if anyone else wants to have anything added let me know today.

kylemp

Well the tooling order showed up today. There's a fair bit of it so it'll take me some time to give my final views (may never even happen, who knows). So far it's positive, just typical lower end quality control on things like labels and such. I don't care about that as long as the tools are accurate and made decent. 20190725_185242.jpg

kylemp

Only 4 30 taper, a lot of TTS with collets though which is for the tormach I got a little while ago.