Other Toolboxes with a drawer for the bible

Just so everyone can tell. I am not nor have I ever played a machinist. Is the Kennedy toolbox the only toolbox with a drawer for the book? I have a pdf on my tablet but it would be nice to have a paper book in the garage.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I've an old gerstner with the drawer, more of insert really, the whole thing pulls out, book and cradle if you can call it that. I don't use the drawer. I guess in a commercial setting where you felt you needed lock everything up it makes sense, but I'm a home shop guy and find a shelf more convenient for books.

Last edited:

trlvn

Ultra Member
If anybody in the GTA area is looking for a machinist toolbox PROJECT, give me a shout. The box is largely functional right now, including the drawer for Machinist's Handbook, but needs refurbishing. It is metal-clad and the paint is...bad. A couple drawers stick. The carry handle needs replacing, etc. $20 or equivalent trade? Pickup in Oakville.

Craig
(Belonged to the grandfather of a buddy of mine. At one point, I thought I could make use of it...)

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Gray and Beach made top boxes boxes with the bible drawer too. There was just a Gray on market place in the GTA a few days ago. Might still be there.