• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Today's Score

MrWhoopee

Ultra Member
My friend Spud died about 8 years ago. He was one of the best machinists and the best weldor I ever met. He left behind a shop that would be the envy of any machinist, professional or hobbyist. His wife disposed of most of the major equipment, but there is still a lot of stuff to go. I get called to do a little computer work for his widow and her mom from time to time. The last time I was paid with a Tapmatic 50X tapping head. This time it was a little heavier.

1791331231439.jpeg

It's the first time I've seen a welding positioner driven by a milling machine power feed. Now it seems sort of obvious.
 
Well then I’ll be the first sorry about your friend but on another note YOU SUCK.
Tomorrow I will be at the big rock where we scattered his ashes squealing on everyone.
 
Back
Top