"TM"(?) Lathe--$250, Markham, ON

trlvn

Ultra Member
$_59.JPG

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/markham-york-region/metal-lathe/1490788307

Seller says that the "lead screw will not engage" so that probably means busted gears in the headstock. BUT, at $250 it looks like a candidate for a rebuild. Alas, just too big for me.

I can read "England" on the last line of the speed plate but I can't figure out the manufacturer's name. Anybody?

Craig

ScottyM

I saw that one, make is Colchester, same as what I have. Was tempted at that price for the longer bed but somebody snagged it quick.

trlvn

Ultra Member
I wonder if the seller realized they vastly underpriced it and yanked the ad. Could even have been a typo: maybe the ad was supposed to read $2,250!

Craig

Brent H

Ultra Member
See if it comes up again I guess.... 2250 or 2500 may be over pricing a possibly very damaged lathe?

trlvn

Ultra Member
At anything over $1,000, I'd want to open up the covers and see how much shrapnel was inside!

Craig

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
At $250 it would be a total steal - that is a great looking hobby sized machine.

Lead screw not engaging - should be investigated - but at $250 its not a big deal.

Even at $1250 it looks like excellent price even if it needs lead screw work on engagement - far worse would be bent lead screw.

$2500 feels high but I would not be surprised if that was the intention of the seller.