• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tire changer idea

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey folks,

So maybe a couple of you guys bought a Princess Auto tire changer apparatus? Well, I picked one up when it was about $70 and, well…. It is not great unless you bolt it down - where to do that??

So after some thinking I welded onto a 2 x 2 steel tube - shoved it in the trailer mount on my sons truck - Viola! Works great!!! Total support for breaking the bead and then popping the tire. Took us about 15 minutes to strip 3 tires off some old rims. About 20 if you include welding on the tube.

I figure I might make a mount for the thing on shore so we could plug it in to the side of a building

502E5C9A-1857-449C-B18E-D0419F169242.jpeg
7751EB0E-4049-497A-B35B-244E6F512FAB.jpeg

Scattered Parts

Mike
Premium Member
I had one years ago. Bolted it to the concrete floor of the shop. On the second use the welds at the bottom cross broke. Welded it up then the next time the bolt holding the bead pusher bar broke. I cut it up and used the steel for other projects. It wasnt worth the trip to town to get Princess Auto to replace it.