Time for some fun

Ironman

Ultra Member
Picking fruit on 12 ft ladders, dwarf trees hadn't been invented.
Gas powered Beatty washing machine, with a real copper tub.
Being taught basket weaving in grade school, now it is a university degree.

CWelkie

Parents that could comfortably respond, "Don't know where the kids are but they'll be back when they get hungry."
Catching the chicken that was going to be lunch.
("Real") Hardware stores with at least one wall covered in drawers full of useful stuff and wooden floors and a pot bellied stove.
Electrical appliance and tv repair shops.
Raison pie and 10 cent coffee
"Ironstone" cafe dinner ware
Nurses in uniforms (not wrinkled "scrubs")
Cars with real chrome trim

historicalarms

Ultra Member
awsome topic Susq. I can remember & relate to just about everything mentioned by everybody.
Acouple nobody mentioned yet....writing very important phone #'s on cigarette packages When drunk in the bar & then forgetting & chucking them out the window on the way home.
Spending 45 minutes to an hour searching for that one brass you inadvertently ejected out into a huge snow drift becaude new brass wasnt just an internet order away.

BMW Rider

Super User
Black and white TV with only two channels which would go fuzzy every time the neighbour started their car cause no resistor plug wires.
Dad getting up on the roof to re-adjust the antennae after a big windstorm.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Spending 45 minutes to an hour searching for that one brass you inadvertently ejected out into a huge snow drift becaude new brass wasnt just an internet order away.

Oh man can I ever relate to that! How many hours have I wasted looking for one brass in a snow drift. I even remember marking the spot with sticks once so I could look again after the big melt. Ya, only those of us who ordered brass over the phone or by snail mail could appreciate that......

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Watching the wipers slow down going up hill
AMT models $.75
Going to Radio Shack for a resistor or transistor
Getting up to change the tv channel
Listening to my Dad laughing at Elvis and the Beatles calling them a bunch of "long haired dummies"

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Collecting Marvel comic books. Especially The Hulk, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man.

Ordering and collecting stamps from the back of those comics. I use to love the horse stamps from Panama.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Watching the wipers slow down going up hill
AMT models $.75
Going to Radio Shack for a resistor or transistor
Getting up to change the tv channel
Listening to my Dad laughing at Elvis and the Beatles calling them a bunch of "long haired dummies"
My 58 Chev had those vacuum wipers
We lived in Victoria on Allenby ST by Canarvon park a few miles from the ocean but after a good storm Dad would go outside and hose the salt off of the antenna.
As far as the Beatles Dad was “ Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Christ! “

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Carol Burnett Harvey Korman Tim Conway and Vicky Lawrence were the ones that made my parents laugh the most.
Truly comedic genius in all of them, when they would start laughing(live remember) and try and compose themselves for their lines, was hilarious and of course Conway is trying to keep them laughing.