Things you’re addicted to…

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
I’m addicted to buying books, sometimes music, tools.

But this latest addiction is a little different:
IMG_8853.jpeg
IMG_8850.jpeg
I do like a nice flashlight, but that desire currently seems under control…

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’d never use any that resembles a tool box if the Ner do well’s see it it’s gone I’ve lost one years ago since then I have used a plastic lunchbox for loose tools with no problems.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Most of my addictions are tool or gadget related. My machine shop/metalworking addiction has cost me more than all my other addictions combined, but the great news is that I kicked a heroin addiction before it ever started because I couldn't afford the gas to go hang out with the wrong crowd because i had a shop. So there's that.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have a motorcycle problem

I have a Kawi KLR650, and I'd like to have a Harley. I put about 100kms on my bike this year, so I'm probably able to control that urge. I have a sled too, a 16 Cat 800 crosstrek. I think it might have 700 miles on it, so it'll be the last sled I ever buy too. I would like a newer turbo 4 stroker though. Maybe I should just have a quick look online....

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
We sold our motorcycles and my spouse and I bought Vespas. I’m now addicted to Vespa. They are so much fun. I rode it everywhere this summer. Groceries work banking visiting and a few rides with the local Apocalypse scooter club. Best purchase in years.

Attachments

• 70606178119__3E824FBC-5045-4CEE-BDBE-9B4FBFA7EEDB.jpeg
    70606178119__3E824FBC-5045-4CEE-BDBE-9B4FBFA7EEDB.jpeg
    803.6 KB · Views: 11

Tom O

Ultra Member
There are some things I don’t like on the Harleys.
(1) I weigh a buck 40 and found it lacking stopping power as I slid into a intersection
so I’m blaming tires.
(2) The headlight is inadequate for the highway going through the mountains from
Calgary to Victoria (2 trips)
(3) Those footplates look great but even on the on-ramp they would scrape making you
reduce the turning radius edging you to the side.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
For me it has become this hobby especially running the lathe as I am always practicing learning trying to hone my skills but also finding a creative side I never thought I had, after the mortgage was paid and being in the twilight of my career has made me question my future usefulness but realized its time that I can focus more on myself and doing what I enjoy so I dipped my toe in and now I am hooked and really love my SM lathe well tooled now has greatly improved my flow providing the wonderful experience producing whatever the project of the day productive or not. The part that is addicting is whatever the task there is always another rung on the ladder and you can take anything to the nth degree as some of the discussions have become or it can be kept very simple if need be or anywhere in between and sometimes the challenge for me is how far do I really need to go in terms of precision and the ability to adapt and fit parts and understanding the how different metals machine. The forum is a great help with my addiction as I am always reading and searching for different ideas and opinions to build my confidence nothing better than being able to say I can do that.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The part that is addicting is whatever the task there is always another rung on the ladder and you can take anything to the nth degree as some of the discussions have become or it can be kept very simple if need be or anywhere in between

Amen to that! Well said!

All my life I have loved learning new things with hundreds of hobbies that have come and gone or stayed. I've never had a hobby that was so enduring or satisfying as machining. So much to learn, so comforting to get help and so rewarding to help others too.

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
then don't go on Amazon and buy a Fenix
Not that model… but another…

Sex. But I can't remember why.....
Which reminds me of a joke…

A fellow in a nursing home is having his 100th birthday. So someone decided that since he still thinks he’s like Sasquatch, that they would hire a lady of the night to jump out of a cake and make his 100th birthday really special.

The big day arrives and she bursts out of the cake and in surprise he says “Ohh… Ohh, what are you here for” to which she replies “I’m here to give you super sex”

He thinks about it for a bit and says “I’ll have the soup thanks”…