• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

There's a problem when uploading images

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
I cannot seem to post images any longer.

I have tried jpg and png. Image sizes range from 250Kb to 2.2Mb

The error is the same, whether adding one or ten images.

1709330751444.png

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
Yeah its odd. Screenshots work fine, but nothing from my phone. I always use an image converter to create .pngs or .jpegs but those images are not being accepted.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I did a capture and paste into the text part of this posting to put this photo here.
1709334780686.png

Really belongs in the slitting saw subject. I'll remove the photo in a couple of hours and post the details about the photo in that subject.

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
Cut knurler 75.jpg V10P Mounting.png Cut knurler 80.png
1709335562972.png
Thats a screenshot showing the error. Theres nothing different between these images - in the sense that they are all from an iPhone and processed (as usual) via the Apple Preview app, then exported from HEIF format to PNG or JPEG.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I have found several issues uploading photos.

It is sometimes important that they be jpg not jpeg and png not PNGS.

Sometimes just refreshing my browser works. Sometimes clearing the cache. Sometimes a phone reboot.

I always try to keep my photos below 1M.

I ALWAYS choose thumbnails not full image.