• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

The 'Vid got me! Lol

Glad you are feeling better. So nice to hear. As I write this I am in the hospital with bacterial pneumonia (non-COVID) Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Worst pain I have ever felt. The ward I am on is jam packed with COVIDers.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. She has had surgery and is awaiting chemo now so COVID is the last thing we need.

Of course no sooner said then my father-law gets it while he is in hospital recovering from a broken back at 92. So now no one can see anyone. Sadly we are also trying to coordinate assisted care placement for him when he gets discharged as he can no longer live by himself. No care facility wants three sickies dealing them and it takes lots of work to coordinate this stuff.

So far 2022 can kiss my arse.

The positive is that I have never had so much contact with the health care system in Alberta and I discovered It is actually great. I cannot say enough good things about these hard working doctors, nurses, techs, etc. It makes my cry how dedicated all these front line heros are taking care of us pleasently and professionally all while being worked into the ground.

I reserve my wrath for the cookie-eating Stephen Ducketts of this world, together with other AHS Administrators whose job it was to fix this mess, and they consistently fail in the one job they are assigned to do.

Very pleased with your progress. The fellows across from me look horrible and clearly are not on the minor symptom part of the scale. Nor were they vaccinated. I hope your progress continues; you don’t want to be here. Trust me.
Sorry to hear you are having a shitty time of it. Ive had bacterial pneumonia and my lungs were never the same.

AHS staff are, generally speaking, very good at what they do. I find our health care system works pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I'm also sorry I came late to this thread. My 'follow' setting has not been firing for anyone I'm following on the forum - for about 2 years now...

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Glad you are feeling better. So nice to hear. As I write this I am in the hospital with bacterial pneumonia (non-COVID) Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Worst pain I have ever felt. The ward I am on is jam packed with COVIDers.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. She has had surgery and is awaiting chemo now so COVID is the last thing we need.

Of course no sooner said then my father-law gets it while he is in hospital recovering from a broken back at 92. So now no one can see anyone. Sadly we are also trying to coordinate assisted care placement for him when he gets discharged as he can no longer live by himself. No care facility wants three sickies dealing them and it takes lots of work to coordinate this stuff.

So far 2022 can kiss my arse.

The positive is that I have never had so much contact with the health care system in Alberta and I discovered It is actually great. I cannot say enough good things about these hard working doctors, nurses, techs, etc. It makes my cry how dedicated all these front line heros are taking care of us pleasently and professionally all while being worked into the ground.

I reserve my wrath for the cookie-eating Stephen Ducketts of this world, together with other AHS Administrators whose job it was to fix this mess, and they consistently fail in the one job they are assigned to do.

Very pleased with your progress. The fellows across from me look horrible and clearly are not on the minor symptom part of the scale. Nor were they vaccinated. I hope your progress continues; you don’t want to be here. Trust me.
Just saw this Pete. My heart goes out to you and your family. That is way too much to deal with all at once. I hope for the best for you and yours.

DaveMc

So sorry to hear this, my wife and I are working around people who have had covid, our neighbors have it too. Lucky so far, but
the fact, as stated, is inescapable. We will all get it